Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Y Owner - Question about Wall Connector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post, and taking delivery of a 2022 Model Y on sunday! Super excited and looking forward to being a part of the fam!

2 Questions about the wall charger I just had installed today:

I added the wifi and did that setup, but when I goto software update, and try to click the "check for updates" link it doesnt do anything. Any thoughts?

Also, and more significant, I thought the 24 foot cable would be sufficient to reach the charging port, but it barely makes it and I want to avoid having the cable pressing against the back of the car.

Besides backing into my driveway every day, is there any kind of 10-12 foot extension cord that can be implemented to give me a bit more slack? I found this online NEW! Tesla Extension Cord – EVSE Adapters and just wondering if anyone had any experience with this company, or had any better solutions?

Thanks!

I found this online NEW! Tesla Extension Cord – EVSE Adapters and just wondering if anyone had any experience with this company, or had any better solutions?
That's the one. It's pricey, but EVSEAdapters is a great company. I've bought several adapters from them, and many other here on the forum would recommend them too.
Also, if you find some weird kind of outlet that Tesla doesn't sell a plug for, EVSEAdapters probably makes one. And they are done really well, where they buy original ones from Tesla and take them apart to change the plug type, so they can preserve the temperature sensor in the plug and have the proper chip to signal the right amount of amps to the car.

Reactions: Gaige and sleepydoc
I added the wifi and did that setup, but when I goto software update, and try to click the "check for updates" link it doesnt do anything. Any thoughts?
I noticed the same thing with mine.
Chances are that yours does need a firmware update. I got mine in October 2021 and it came with software version 1.4.2.0. The current version available at that time was 21.26.4, so mine was way out of date.

You can find the current firmware version here, along with instructions on how to do a manual update: