Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Y RWD - 360 miles range - single piece casting - $45k [Speculation]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, this will be like 10 EPA miles upgrade. Better than nothing but not really significant enough to wait indefinitely.

one month is not "indefinitely".
There will be many other changes/upgrades coming in next months. Plus you will get 2021 version.
Dont understand why only current owners are saying to buy now and not wait.
Are they jealous that new owners will get more for their money?

cant wait to come back to this post next month

Me too. But maybe we should set some ground rules for who is "right". Will we consider it "released in September" if it is only available for ordering on the last week of the month with no units delivered yet? I think that would be fair.

TBH, the more I think about it, I do think there is a chance. The 3 and Y might be a 5% range bump to AWD putting them @ 330 or maybe even a little more. Then RWD might be approaching 360? I'd probably be more inclined to bet on 350, though.

Me too. But maybe we should set some ground rules for who is "right". Will we consider it "released in September" if it is only available for ordering on the last week of the month with no units delivered yet? I think that would be fair.

TBH, the more I think about it, I do think there is a chance. The 3 and Y might be a 5% range bump to AWD putting them @ 330 or maybe even a little more. Then RWD might be approaching 360? I'd probably be more inclined to bet on 350, though.

It could be a 360mi EPA with a real-life range of ~ 325

360mi range would be close to 5mi/kWh or 200kWh/mi out of the 72.5kWh battery. That will be tough to achieve with something the size and weight of the MY. Forget about driving faster than 40mph or using heat or A/C in order to get those kind of efficiency numbers. Certainly not "impossible", but not very likely to happen in the real world.

360mi range would be close to 5mi/kWh or 200kWh/mi out of the 72.5kWh battery. That will be tough to achieve with something the size and weight of the MY. Forget about driving faster than 40mph or using heat or A/C in order to get those kind of efficiency numbers. Certainly not "impossible", but not very likely to happen in the real world.

80-90 kWh battery please!

only a little more cost, but a lot of new opportunity

Tesla is different with their Model Years. They typically will convert to the next year very close to EOY, compared to legacy manufacturers that roll out their next years models in the Fall.

They sometime release the next model year a bit early to help make EOY numbers, but still not as early as some others.

Because Tesla does not announce precisely when production will carry the next model year, it is difficult to game your delivery dates very far in advance to guarantee your delivered car will bump into the next model year.

In addition, at the beginning of a Quarter, Tesla typically sends most all production overseas. This makes getting an early January production vehicle delivered delayed until Feb/March.

In the past there was tremendous pressure for customers to get delivery prior to EOY to quaility for Federal Tax Credits. That ship has sailed.

Not so easy.

Tesla is different with their Model Years. They typically will convert to the next year very close to EOY, compared to legacy manufacturers that roll out their next years models in the Fall.

They sometime release the next model year a bit early to help make EOY numbers, but still not as early as some others.

Because Tesla does not announce precisely when production will carry the next model year, it is difficult to game your delivery dates very far in advance to guarantee your delivered car will bump into the next model year.

In addition, at the beginning of a Quarter, Tesla typically sends most all production overseas. This makes getting an early January production vehicle delivered delayed until Feb/March.

In the past there was tremendous pressure for customers to get delivery prior to EOY to quaility for Federal Tax Credits. That ship has sailed.

Not so easy.

So you are saying not to wait now 15 more days for battery day and not to wait 1 more month to get 2021 version, correct?

We should buy it now and if we regret it latter who cares, we still got our Tesla...