Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Y software vastly outdated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just pick up my wife's MYLR yesterday (9 Dec). Got it added to my Teslafi account before we left Tesla so I can track every mile. The car currently has version 2021.35.103. Interesting thing is, it had 2021.36.8.8 as of 5 Dec and this older version was installed just before we took delivery.

Anyone had any luck submitting a service request to get a software push? Setting is on advanced and the car is connected to WiFi so I'm good there.

We got MYP#1 on 12/5 and our first update happened last night.... so day 9. Today I was viewing the cameras remotely. Jawsome!

New version: 2021.39.103.2
I've got the same update 2021.39.103.2 last night. I picked up my MYLR on 12/03 with 2021.35.103. I was so surprise with an update in 12 days from delivery and so happy that I can use waypoint(s) now in navigation.
Also there are some games update today but I never play the games so don't know what is new.

Upvote 0
I've got the same update 2021.39.103.2 last night. I picked up my MYLR on 12/03 with 2021.35.103. I was so surprise with an update in 12 days from delivery and so happy that I can use waypoint(s) now in navigation.
Also there are some games update today but I never play the games so don't know what is new.

I've played a few of the games in the week I've had my Model Y, but I still need to try about half of them. I'll likely play Chess the most though!

I hope my car gets an update soon (still on 2021.35.102.1), I want waypoints!

Reactions: K5TRX
Upvote 0
I got the 103.2 update the first night picking up my car on 12/14. Assuming that’s the most recent update. Is there a sticky thread that tracks what’s new in each update?
You are on a factory software version since your car is new. You will get your first “real” update anywhere from 2-8 weeks from pickup. You can see the current software versions on Teslafi’s website. Each software version will have a link to the release notes (it takes you to the notateslapp website).

Reactions: trlengle
Upvote 0
Me, too. I've been on 2021.35.102.2 since I picked up the car in November. But I've read enough threads on here to know not to complain about it. Only 3 weeks for me. To be fair though, some cars seem to have gone months w/o an update. I doubt that I could contain my frustration that long.

Now about those missing USB-C ports.... that's a complaint for another thread ;)

Upvote 0
Just pick up my wife's MYLR yesterday (9 Dec). Got it added to my Teslafi account before we left Tesla so I can track every mile. The car currently has version 2021.35.103. Interesting thing is, it had 2021.36.8.8 as of 5 Dec and this older version was installed just before we took delivery.

Anyone had any luck submitting a service request to get a software push? Setting is on advanced and the car is connected to WiFi so I'm good there.
A few things:
  • There are many threads here about software updates, and you'll find the same thing in each of those threads: new cars typically ship with not-current software, and you will eventually get an update.
  • The version you received, 2021.35.103, was first seen around mid-November, so it's not exactly vastly outdated. Even the other version you mentioned, 2021.36.8.8, came out around the same time. All things considered, seems like you started off with fairly current software.

Reactions: cgell
Upvote 0
  • There are many threads here about software updates, and you'll find the same thing in each of those threads: new cars typically ship with not-current software, and you will eventually get an update.
Actually if you read the release notes (you might have to check your release notes in your car) you'll see that various 'newer' features have been back-ported into the 'older' release. E.g. 35.102/103 have similar release notes and features as say 36.5. The only notable feature I found missing from 35.102 was live view.

Upvote 0