Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New York just announced tax credit for EV !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will be interested in this but apparently I have to wait 30 months after utilizing the federal tax credit initially before I can update to a new car. 12 more months to go. Who knows what surprises await? I Will be upgrading then to a new nose, lights, 100 kw battery, ventilated seats, full glass roof, auto pilot 2.0 and rear cup holders. Not to mention any software revisions. Isn't progress grand?

Where did you see 30 months?

Saw it in another thread, can't recall which one. Apparently if you trade your car in before that time you have to give a portion of your tax credit back. It makes sense but I haven't verified through my own tax accountant so don't quote me. It will be at least a year before I upgrade so it doesn't make a difference to me unless I win the lottery

Correct - 7500 rebate is good on day 1. Don't have to worry about giving it back so long as you did not acquire the vehicle with a view of selling it. I think if you genuinely used the car for less than a year and traded it in you're fine.

Back to NY- anyone hear anything. I can't find nuttin

I am in NY and I am scheduled to take delivery of my Model X in May to early June. I would LOVE to have this in effect when I take delivery. Does the law have to be inplemented when I take delivery, or as long as I purchase in 2017 and the law implemented in 2017 is that enough for me to get the rebate? Any idea?

I am in NY and I am scheduled to take delivery of my Model X in May to early June. I would LOVE to have this in effect when I take delivery. Does the law have to be inplemented when I take delivery, or as long as I purchase in 2017 and the law implemented in 2017 is that enough for me to get the rebate? Any idea?
Apparently this was signed into law last April. I'm assuming and hoping it would also apply to 2016 purchases. So far the most info I found was that the process to claim is being finalized. No specifics yet.

The budget said they had one year to implement. That would be April 2017. So probably starts then, maybe retroactive to Jan 2017.