Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New York/New Jersey Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received my VIN, finally! It's a Fremont build. It does not have ultrasonic sensors. I don't have FSD. Is this good or bad? The following description is on my account:

Order Update​

Tesla Vision​

We have taken the next step in Tesla vision. Your vehicle now fully relies on camera vision to measure distance to nearby objects, deliver active safety features, and provide Autopilot and Full-Self Driving capability. This new approach will enable improved visibility, better object detection, and greater abilities for Autopilot in the future. With this move, your Model Y is no longer equipped with ultrasonic sensors, which will temporarily impact the availability of some features like Park Assist, Autopark, Summon and Smart Summon. In the future, these features will be restored via over-the-air software updates. Learn more

Proceed With Delivery

I just received my VIN, finally! It's a Fremont build. It does not have ultrasonic sensors. I don't have FSD. Is this good or bad? The following description is on my account:

Order Update​

Tesla Vision​

We have taken the next step in Tesla vision. Your vehicle now fully relies on camera vision to measure distance to nearby objects, deliver active safety features, and provide Autopilot and Full-Self Driving capability. This new approach will enable improved visibility, better object detection, and greater abilities for Autopilot in the future. With this move, your Model Y is no longer equipped with ultrasonic sensors, which will temporarily impact the availability of some features like Park Assist, Autopark, Summon and Smart Summon. In the future, these features will be restored via over-the-air software updates. Learn more

Proceed With Delivery
It's fine, with update 2023.6.9 you'll have Tesla Vision, 2023.6.9 Official Tesla Release Notes - Software Updates, which is used for guidance purposes.

It's fine, with update 2023.6.9 you'll have Tesla Vision, 2023.6.9 Official Tesla Release Notes - Software Updates, which is used for guidance purposes.
Thank you. Yes, I've had it the last few days and it works fine, comparable to my 2021 MYLR that my wife now drives. The only difference I have noticed so far is that the distance of objects in front while parking in the garage is about 10-15 inches higher than my 2021 with USS.