Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New York/New Jersey Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR blue/white, no other options
OD: 1/14/23 afternoon when EDD was Jan-Mar
EDD1: 2/10 - 3/19
EDD2: 2/13 - 3/13
EDD3 (updated last Monday): 3/5 - 3/31
Delivery center: Smithtown, NY

Still NO VIN ☹️
I received my 5th EDD this morning 3/20 - 3/31 and at 4:10 this afternoon I received a text and email that my VIN was assigned and my app showed an EDD of 3/16 - 3/25. About 20 minutes later I received a text to schedule delivery, which I set up for this Monday, the 20th. Fremont build.

Reactions: Offandon
I received my 5th EDD this morning 3/20 - 3/31 and at 4:10 this afternoon I received a text and email that my VIN was assigned and my app showed an EDD of 3/16 - 3/25. About 20 minutes later I received a text to schedule delivery, which I set up for this Monday, the 20th. Fremont build.
Wow, that’s fast turnaround from VIN to delivery! Wonder if they assigned you one that was already in transit.

Smithtown was cake walk pickup. The car will be parked left of main entrance your name on it in window! I did my exterior inspection before I walked in the doors. Mine was easy to spot as it was the only Performance Y in a sea of LR and a few 3’s.

Smithtown was cake walk pickup. The car will be parked left of main entrance your name on it in window! I did my exterior inspection before I walked in the doors. Mine was easy to spot as it was the only Performance Y in a sea of LR and a few 3’s.
Thank you for that information. When I took delivery of my 2021 MY in November 2020 I was scheduled to take delivery in Smithtown and I called to have it changed to Manhasset since it's about 5 miles closer. I later found out that it is better to take delivery at Smithtown so I didn't ask for a change this time. I'm not even sure if Manhasset is still doing deliveries.

Thank you for that information. When I took delivery of my 2021 MY in November 2020 I was scheduled to take delivery in Smithtown and I called to have it changed to Manhasset since it's about 5 miles closer. I later found out that it is better to take delivery at Smithtown so I didn't ask for a change this time. I'm not even sure if Manhasset is still doing deliveries.
no, Manhasset stopped doing delivery you are right.

I can’t imagine the disaster Manhasset would be for pickups. I wish syosset did them. I’m hugging the line of the Nassau Suffolk border by round swamp rd. Syosset is super close. Smithtown was a good experience.

no, Manhasset stopped doing delivery you are right.

I can’t imagine the disaster Manhasset would be for pickups. I wish syosset did them. I’m hugging the line of the Nassau Suffolk border by round swamp rd. Syosset is super close. Smithtown was a good experience.
We must live in the same or neighboring towns. I'm 5 minutes from Syosset service center. I read that a Tesla showroom/delivery & service center is under construction in the Westbury Raceway shopping center.

MYLR Red/black and all other options standard.
OD: 1/19 PM
EDD: Jan-Mar
EDD1: 3/6-3/31
VIN Update: 2/26
Vin Received: 3/2
Picked up Smithtown, NY 3/17

Austin build

Surprised with Matrix headlights!

Good luck to everyone else waiting! Hoping the posting gets others a better idea of timing.

Reactions: MGDE
Picked up! Springfield NJ. Really busy there and overflowing with cars pending pick up. Keep the faith for those still waiting! Must have been 10-15 other folks picking up cars in the afternoon. Don't these people work? LOL.

Minor variances in panel gaps. I'm looking at my BMW and I can't say Tesla is leading the pack compared to other major production built cars, but gaps are small enough to be ok. It really depends upon your "tolerance." No paint or scratches that we could see. SAs there said 100Miles or 7 Days to report.

So far pretty happy. Its like getting my first car type of excitement which I have not had in a while . . .

My brother ordered on 1/22 gray MYLR in NJ.Haven’t received VIN. RN is RN118435713. Does anyone received VIN or delivery in NJ ordered on 1/22. We were hoping to get delivery in march to qualify for full $7500 federal incentive

My 3/18-3/31 EDD got changed this morning to 4/21-5/26. Expecting others here to see that change too.
Looking forward to it. 🙁 That will definitely upset me. I get the EDD moves around but why bring it in to this month with a 2 week window. Only to push it back into April and May but later than the EDD was before it was moved in. Really makes me feel like they have no clue or just want to be cruel.

Looking forward to it. 🙁 That will definitely upset me. I get the EDD moves around but why bring it in to this month with a 2 week window. Only to push it back into April and May but later than the EDD was before it was moved in. Really makes me feel like they have no clue or just want to be cruel.
I think I mentioned on this thread before that my car even had an estimated build date of 3/16, so I’m sure they did expect to have it ready. Just not sure what could have changed. Might also be possible that our cars are switching between Fremont & Austin build lists.

I think I mentioned on this thread before that my car even had an estimated build date of 3/16, so I’m sure they did expect to have it ready. Just not sure what could have changed. Might also be possible that our cars are switching between Fremont & Austin build lists.
That is possible. There has been bad weather in Northern Cali as well. This is where the lack of any communication makes it much harder to know what is going on. A billion dollar tech company and they can’t send a text to the mass of people they just moved in and out? No problem sending me a text trying to get me to add options to my order when the tax credit was raised. I had recently ordered a different in demand vehicle and the communication wasn’t super but a million times better. My EDD started today so will see what comes tomorrow.

Reactions: MGDE