Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New York Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that P configuration is wide open, does anyone have a definitive answer, as opposed to personal speculation or interpretation by a Tesla employee, whether it qualifies for the full 2000 NY rebate? Based on the above discussion this might hinge on whether the sticker shows a 35K base with P option additional or as 64K base. The configurator seems to show the latter but it would be interesting to see an actual sticker for a P under the new pricing regime. Wonder if this is something Tesla could "adjust" in their ongoing effort to maximum attainability of EV subsidy to its customers.

Now that P configuration is wide open, does anyone have a definitive answer, as opposed to personal speculation or interpretation by a Tesla employee, whether it qualifies for the full 2000 NY rebate? Based on the above discussion this might hinge on whether the sticker shows a 35K base with P option additional or as 64K base. The configurator seems to show the latter but it would be interesting to see an actual sticker for a P under the new pricing regime. Wonder if this is something Tesla could "adjust" in their ongoing effort to maximum attainability of EV subsidy to its customers.

Nothing definitive here. I do have the MVPA for the new config, which tends to lean me toward the "base price" being over 60k as it's documented there.

mvpa.jpg

At the same time, there's no distinction on the drive clean NY site (How the Drive Clean Rebate Works - NYSERDA), so to me that still reads as though any model 3 would get the full rebate, but betting that site would take weeks or months to update, as opposed to a change from last night being represented in any short order.

Just got off the phone with NY Drive Clean representative. I asked several different ways to make sure. She said that eligibility for the rebate applies equally to all variants of Model 3 regardless of configuration or final optioned price. Since the Model 3 has a base price of 35K it is eligible for 2000, period. Wooot! She also said the 2K is subtracted after sales tax has been applied, making it effectively taxable.

I mentioned that Tesla shows $500 for Model 3 and she said she has heard that from others and they have been working with Tesla to correct it.