TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New York State Rebate

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Marc Weiss, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Marc Weiss

Marc Weiss Member

Hey, if you live in NY State and have taken delivery on a Model 3, can you share your experience with the NY Rebate?

I received an invitation to configure last week and eagerly started the process, but when I got to the pricing summary it was only showing a $500 rebate. According to the NYSERDA EV rebate website, an EV that gets more than 114 miles of range and costs less than $60K is eligible for a $2,000 rebate.

I've emailed Tesla twice (no response -- what's up with that?), tried calling and got a recorded message saying they can't take my call right now, please call another time (what's up with that?) and this past weekend went to the showroom in Manhattan where I got 3 different answers to my question (what's up with that?). Finally the sales guy said he and his manager would check in with HQ and get back to me Monday. It's now past midnight early Weds morning and still no definitive answer.

Hey Tesla, customer service?

Anyway, I'm eager to place the order so I can get the car before my birthday in mid-June, so would appreciate any wisdom NY State owners of the M3 could share.

Thanks!

2. Marsnaut

Marsnaut Member

This was asked previously, they'll take off $2000 on delivery even though it shows up as $500 on the site.

3. Marc Weiss

Marc Weiss Member

Thanks for the quick response. I searched the forums for a while to see if anyone had answered this before starting a new thread, but didn't find anything.

Is that your personal experience, or if not can you point me to the thread where someone reported that's what happened to them?

I ask because the NYSERDA website says the it's a POS (point of sale) rebate and my impression is that the "sale" is made online rather than upon delivery. I'd be very happy to be told that I'm wrong about that and someone has actually received the $2K rebate after seeing $500 on the website.

Many thanks!

4. Marsnaut

Marsnaut Member

It took me a while to find and I think there might be another thread as well.

New York Rebate

I don't know from personal experience but I wouldn't be worried. The rebate is administered by the state and if you pickup in NY, Tesla should be familiar with it already.

5. Marc Weiss

Marc Weiss Member

Thanks for the link!

6. MB30

MB30 Member

Can confirm. Got 2k off at POS. Lowered tax basis too so it's really worth ~2160

7. Marc Weiss

Marc Weiss Member

Thanks!

I also finally got an answer from an associate store manager at the NYC store:

Your Model 3 does indeed qualify for the $2000 NY State Drive Clean Rebate. Once your final Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement is drafted by our contracts team, 1 to 2 weeks prior to delivery. We have certainly had Model 3’s delivered in NYS that have qualified and received the rebate.

I wrote him back suggesting he get the mothership to correct the way the website displays NYS rebates.

• Like x 2
  8. jlevy

jlevy Member

I'm very late to the party, but yes, the M3 I received at Manhasset had $2,000 off the purchase price.

• Like x 1
  9. Snow Drift

Snow Drift Slip Start: [Activated]

The system defaults to $500 because the MS/MX only get that amount. It would be nice to update, but we know the car gets the full $2k.

10. RoccoX

RoccoX Member

Hey do you all know if the delivery fee counts towards msrp, I am assuming no which would put me at 59k the way I want to configure my Model 3

11. Snow Drift

It is an additional "Fee" that is not listed often.

Example:

$35,000 Base
    $09,000 LR
    $05,000 PUP
    $01,000 Paint
    $05,000 EAP
    $03,000 FSD
    $58,000 MSRP + $1,000 Delivery fee = $59,000

12. thelastdeadmouse

According to the NYSERDA site, its the base MSRP that matters, not the MSRP as delivered. All Model 3's should qualify.

13. RoccoX

RoccoX Member

Thanks Snow Drift my config would swap FSD for AWD so I would hopefully just squeeze in :)

14. RoccoX

RoccoX Member

Awesome thanks, great news )

15. Snow Drift

#15 Snow Drift, Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    Someone else agreed and said their total was over $60k for M3 and they received the rebate.

16. ras2645

ras2645 Member

Hi, I see that the New York State rebate is for cars less than $60,000 MSRP, how will this play out if the car is configured with options and comes out to be $63,000?

17. Marsnaut

Marsnaut Member

The post above yours answers the question. They look at the base MSRP. If they went with the $35k or even the $49k (LR + premium upgrades) as the base price, it should still qualify for the full NYS rebate.

18. ras2645

ras2645 Member

Thank you, I got worried when i saw the $60K thing.

19. Trevor B

Trevor B Active Member

Figured I'd ask here since this is NY specific ... any pointers on good financing rates (a friend of mine lives in Westchester and I'm helping her out) :)