Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New York Supercharger - In Progress

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know the location of the Supercharger that is being built in NY right now? Is it in Utica? This map is from the Hawthorne Design Center a few days ago. I imagine the construction has begun but we haven't seen any updates on it thus far. Anyone have any ideas here or can swing by and provide updates? Thanks.

image.jpg

I believe the next New York Supercharger is in Albany, NY. In December 2013, Tesla appeared before the planning board for approval to build six superchargers at the Colonie Center Mall, in Colonie, NY. Visitors to the location have not seen any construction started. According to the Supercharger map, Tesla is also planning superchargers for Syracuse and Buffalo in 2014.

The long-promised Supercharger in Newburgh, NY is now under construction. I was just there yesterday, and a crew of three was laying out chalk lines. I was told that digging would start in a day or two, and that if everything goes smoothly, it should be open by mid-May.

The location is at Cosimo’s restaurant, 1217 Route 300, Newburgh, NY 12550. It’s about a half mile from the intersection of I-84 and I-87 (NY State Thruway).

There will be six stalls, all of the nose-in type.

Uncharacteristically for Superchargers, the location is not at the far remote end of the parking lot, but rather directly in front of the restaurant, in a prime parking location.

Because this Supercharger will draw little Tesla traffic (at least initially), I imagine the empty charging spaces will create much annoyance on the part of regular restaurant customers. My guess is this annoyance will quickly escalate to serious ICEing of the spaces. (Bring on the cones!)