Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newbie help for buying CPO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think @WISluggo was referring to the 8-year battery warranty, not drive train. 4-yr/50k bumper to bumper from date of CPO purchase and 8-yr unlimited mile battery warranty is what I just got on my CPO last week.
That’s what I am referring too. I know they didn’t offer the 8-year Unlimted miles warranty for the battery and motors before. Unless they recently changed it cause that would be a huge deterrent not to buy cpo since I’ve seen most performance model s have already had their batteries replaced if they have higher miles and just a few years old. Figured Tesla realized they were going to lose a fortune from this warranty cuz I guarantee every performance model will end up with at least one new battery in 8 years especially the ones being driven a lot. I only know of a few people who bought someone else’s build that did not end up buying and got the standard warranties. What years were your CPO’s and how many miles?

• Disagree
Reactions: towelie
I think @WISluggo was referring to the 8-year battery warranty, not drive train. 4-yr/50k bumper to bumper from date of CPO purchase and 8-yr unlimited mile battery warranty is what I just got on my CPO last week.
They do not offer that warranty with the used which to me is basically worth $20k to have that warranty especially with P100DL and P90DL etc where the battery cost close to $20k and if u really kept ur car that long or sold before it transfers to new owner and adds value plus piece of mind. I don’t think it’s unrealistic they will end up replacing 2 batteries within the 8 year warranty

• Disagree
Never mind I stand corrected they are now offering the unlimited miles warranty on some used models now. That’s new which makes buying cpo not as bad anymore if not better because they do offer great offers when desperate to move inventory

• Disagree
Never mind I stand corrected they are now offering the unlimited miles warranty on some used models now. That’s new which makes buying cpo not as bad anymore if not better because they do offer great offers when desperate to move inventory
Are you saying that they remove the original 8 year, unlimited mileage battery warranty after the car is sold by the first owner? It doesn't sound correct. I've seen people here buying used and using the battery (and drive unit) warranty without any problems. Or are you just saying they don't restart the 8 years when selling CPO's?

Reactions: .jg.
I just bought CPO and took delivery last week. I chose CPO for two reasons: 1) I wanted the warranty coverage as I’m a bit nervous since this is my first premium car experience and 2) I felt it was important to do everything “by the book” with tesla’s blessing since I knew I’d be relying on a good relationship for software upgrades.

I think that is everyone's worry with an electric car.

Since they are a "new" technology, and since there are a lot of (expensive) electronics involved, most if not all people want to make sure they get the best/longest warranty they can when getting a Tesla.

Whenever taking advice, consider the source. People with a lot of posts, like white X, have been doing this a while. Others, maybe not so much. I'm a little leery of people on on this site anyway, too many of them don't actually own a Tesla, don't actually have any experience with Tesla. I know my experience with the use Tesla I bought was fantastic. I did buy a third-party though.

What am I saying? All this is free advice. And, you get what you pay for!

Reactions: dedicatedtek

That's actually not new. I have purchased two CPO Model S's. The first one was 12/16 and came with a 4yr/50k plus the balance of the 8 year unlimited drive train warranty. The second one was purchased 2/18 and had the same warranty.

So how have you been able to get to work with a CPO advisor? I’ve called and was told to use the call me button the web page. I’ve done that everyday this week, sometimes multiply times per day plus had someone by email tell me they would have someone call me but I’ve to hear from anyone. Can’t seem to be able to talk to someone about buying a car. This is really frustrating.

So how have you been able to get to work with a CPO advisor? I’ve called and was told to use the call me button the web page. I’ve done that everyday this week, sometimes multiply times per day plus had someone by email tell me they would have someone call me but I’ve to hear from anyone. Can’t seem to be able to talk to someone about buying a car. This is really frustrating.
Yeah, Tesla CPO is a hit-and-miss. When I bought my CPO, I got a sale advisor at no time. However, I did call help line, and click on the request photos button (no longer available), so not sure which method that was effective. A sale advisor is assigned per "region". Also to note, sale advisors, at least mine, do not like phone chit chat. I guess they are too busy in filling requests. They prefer to work thru emails and texting ....

I found it best to make contact with the local SC first. Chatted with the head of service for awhile then got hooked up with an advisor through him.