TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Newbie Here - Just Configured by Model 3

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Wooloomooloo, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Wooloomooloo

Wooloomooloo Member

Hey - I'm new to the forums so this is my first post. I just configured my Model 3 (AWD Performance, Deep Blue, EAP, Carbon Fiber, 20" Wheels, Black Interior). Delivery date is Aug 2018 - Oct 2018. I'm in Brooklyn NY, actually just down the road from their show room.

• Like x 10
    • Love x 3
  2. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

Nice! Maybe a late Summer/early Fall road trip might be in store for you in your new car? Welcome to the family. Just ordered our Model 3 but longer wait as not the P version.

BTW you can edit your profile now to include your car info in your signature. Just updated mine. It's sometimes helpful to see when people are discussing their car and you don't really know what they have so harder to customize answers.

3. Wooloomooloo

Wooloomooloo Member

Thanks - I can't actually see where to update my signature, there seems to be a lot of places to adjust things. I see my profile page, preferences and settings, it doesn't seem to be in any of those.

4. bigWaveDave

bigWaveDave New Member

Can you tell us where to update our signature in our profile?

5. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

I used to live in Wooloomooloo.

• Funny x 2
  6. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

How to create signature

• Informative x 1
  7. Wooloomooloo

Wooloomooloo Member

Haha wow, that’s great. I’m told the way I spell it is wrong (regarding the place) but it is how Jean Michel Jarre spelled it on his album Zoolook.

8. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Yep two Ls, but here it is:
    Woolloomooloo
    New South Wales 2011
    Google Maps

9. smatthew

smatthew Member

Configured mine on 6/30. RWD PUP LR EAP FSD. Can't wait for it to arrive!

• Like x 1
  10. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

Sure, when logged In click on the little person icon at top right. You’ll see Signature among the items available to customize or set.

• Informative x 1
  11. Rodrique78

Rodrique78 New Member

12. Rodrique78

Rodrique78 New Member

Welcome mate, new as well. Not sure how the above got posted. Ordered last week but keep changing the config. Think I’m finally done editing :)

• Like x 1
  13. outdoors

outdoors Supporting Member

Just love these threads. Nice ness all around. Welcome all of you.:)

14. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

Congratulations! When did you reserve?

• Like x 1
  15. sooner

sooner Member

My question as well. I want to know what kind of incoming reservations are being received from having the car in the wild.

16. Timo

Timo Member

I'm sure this question has been discussed/answered etc multiple times here, but I have missed it: My understanding is they are taking open orders currently regardless of line waiting etc, so are all "line wait reservations/$1000 down" meaningless now? Would line waiters somehow get a first crack at a SR car if that's what they were waiting for?

17. xav-

xav- Active Member

How much?

18. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

#18 SMAlset, Jul 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    We were late reservation, 2017, and were in the.last group of owners to get an invite to RW LR before invites went out to non-owners. Decided to defer for AW LR, and other owners were before us when the AW was announced and opened to configure. I suspect that the RW option might work in a similar manner--Employees then Owners will get invite to configure and then non-owners. With production rates climbing the groups getting invited will likely be much larger.

I will say that with both our Model S delivery date when we ordered and our Model 3 reservation invite estimate Tesla was pretty true to the estimates we got. For AW LR we last had an estimate delivery of late 2018 and after configuring this Model 3 our delivery time is now Sept-Nov which I would consider late 2018. As soon as we were allowed to configure our Model 3 we did, so hoping we'll fall more into the Sept. delivery range. We're in Calif and in the past with S&Xs it usually meant last month of quarter but with so many cars coming off line now who knows.

19. Wooloomooloo

Wooloomooloo Member

$75k

20. Wooloomooloo

Wooloomooloo Member

October 2017

• Informative x 1