Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newbie Here - Just Configured by Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice! Maybe a late Summer/early Fall road trip might be in store for you in your new car? Welcome to the family. Just ordered our Model 3 but longer wait as not the P version.

BTW you can edit your profile now to include your car info in your signature. Just updated mine. It's sometimes helpful to see when people are discussing their car and you don't really know what they have so harder to customize answers.

Nice! Maybe a late Summer/early Fall road trip might be in store for you in your new car? Welcome to the family. Just ordered our Model 3 but longer wait as not the P version.

BTW you can edit your profile now to include your car info in your signature. Just updated mine. It's sometimes helpful to see when people are discussing their car and you don't really know what they have so harder to customize answers.
Can you tell us where to update our signature in our profile?

I'm sure this question has been discussed/answered etc multiple times here, but I have missed it: My understanding is they are taking open orders currently regardless of line waiting etc, so are all "line wait reservations/$1000 down" meaningless now? Would line waiters somehow get a first crack at a SR car if that's what they were waiting for?

I'm sure this question has been discussed/answered etc multiple times here, but I have missed it: My understanding is they are taking open orders currently regardless of line waiting etc, so are all "line wait reservations/$1000 down" meaningless now? Would line waiters somehow get a first crack at a SR car if that's what they were waiting for?

We were late reservation, 2017, and were in the.last group of owners to get an invite to RW LR before invites went out to non-owners. Decided to defer for AW LR, and other owners were before us when the AW was announced and opened to configure. I suspect that the RW option might work in a similar manner--Employees then Owners will get invite to configure and then non-owners. With production rates climbing the groups getting invited will likely be much larger.

I will say that with both our Model S delivery date when we ordered and our Model 3 reservation invite estimate Tesla was pretty true to the estimates we got. For AW LR we last had an estimate delivery of late 2018 and after configuring this Model 3 our delivery time is now Sept-Nov which I would consider late 2018. As soon as we were allowed to configure our Model 3 we did, so hoping we'll fall more into the Sept. delivery range. We're in Calif and in the past with S&Xs it usually meant last month of quarter but with so many cars coming off line now who knows.

Last edited: