Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newbie! My CPO story so far...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is my first post and, having read a few CPO stories on these forums I thought I would post mine...and I’ve really enjoyed reading the tips and advice of others!
I’ve of course always dreamed of owning a Tesla. I test-drove my first Tesla, a Model S, in February of this year. Needless to say I was blown away. I wasn’t quite ready to buy new and knew nothing about the CPO possibilities. Playing around on the website I can across the Used section and was impressed to fine what I felt was a reasonably low mileage red 2014 85kw....so I pulled the trigger!
The online portion was painless...I wasn’t going to do a trade in and already had private financing ready to go...so the 6 steps were finished immediately. What I didn’t realize was the wait...I’m still waiting. I didn’t realize until I joined the forums that the wait time could be weeks or months! I figured I put the $1000 down, have essentially cash to pay for it in full...I just need the car! The sales adviser, Rainey has been very nice. The carfax was clean and the pictures sent look good as well. I made the purchase on May 16. I’m outside the Nashville area and the car is coming from Florida. As of May 24, he quoted me “7-12 more days”....here’s hoping. Of course this just builds my excitement but is also agonizing!
Others have mentioned questions to ask etc. Can anyone give some more good advice or things to check before I “sign on the dotted line!” Forgive my “newbieness”...I still am trying to figure out all the acronyms and abbreviations!

I guess I should have posted more details about the car:

2014; 24,000 miles
Model S P85
Red Multi-Coat Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Wheels
Tan Nappa Leather Seats
Piano Black Décor
Light Headliner
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Tesla Red Brake Calipers
Supercharger Enabled
Tech Package
Premium Interior Lighting

Is the “Tech Package” Autopilot?

I guess I should have posted more details about the car:

2014; 24,000 miles
Model S P85
Red Multi-Coat Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Wheels
Tan Nappa Leather Seats
Piano Black Décor
Light Headliner
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Tesla Red Brake Calipers
Supercharger Enabled
Tech Package
Premium Interior Lighting

Is the “Tech Package” Autopilot?

No, there is Tech Package without Autopilot.

a price might help if you want us to look at this deal for you.

And here are the pics that were sent...
BE7C4B91-DE70-47B8-B6F4-73CC8AE7F976.jpeg 8DABA41E-BF67-4E92-AB8C-187DE16663F4.jpeg A055309D-27CA-40EC-9D0B-89E2AD90EB39.jpeg FDC599E0-71CE-414E-9452-6BC7D2B8EC13.jpeg 6EA7AFC8-704E-4DE1-A70D-124F8E96DEA8.jpeg

Reactions: Red5StandingBy
Hi based on the pictures, your missing the radar under the front grill which is indicative of AP1. So unfortunately you do not have AP1 and it is not something that can be added, sorry.
The car looks very nice.

Hi based on the pictures, your missing the radar under the front grill which is indicative of AP1. So unfortunately you do not have AP1 and it is not something that can be added, sorry.
The car looks very nice.

Thanks for the info! I guess that would also explain the great price.
It’s not a deal-breaker, although the “tech package” terminology is somewhat confusing.
I honestly can’t see myself using AP that much except for the novelty of it and the show-off factor.
Again, showing my naivety, could the car be modified to add AP?