TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Newbie! My CPO story so far...

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by target242, May 29, 2018.

1. target242

target242 Member

This is my first post and, having read a few CPO stories on these forums I thought I would post mine...and I’ve really enjoyed reading the tips and advice of others!
    I’ve of course always dreamed of owning a Tesla. I test-drove my first Tesla, a Model S, in February of this year. Needless to say I was blown away. I wasn’t quite ready to buy new and knew nothing about the CPO possibilities. Playing around on the website I can across the Used section and was impressed to fine what I felt was a reasonably low mileage red 2014 85kw....so I pulled the trigger!
    The online portion was painless...I wasn’t going to do a trade in and already had private financing ready to go...so the 6 steps were finished immediately. What I didn’t realize was the wait...I’m still waiting. I didn’t realize until I joined the forums that the wait time could be weeks or months! I figured I put the $1000 down, have essentially cash to pay for it in full...I just need the car! The sales adviser, Rainey has been very nice. The carfax was clean and the pictures sent look good as well. I made the purchase on May 16. I’m outside the Nashville area and the car is coming from Florida. As of May 24, he quoted me “7-12 more days”....here’s hoping. Of course this just builds my excitement but is also agonizing!
    Others have mentioned questions to ask etc. Can anyone give some more good advice or things to check before I “sign on the dotted line!” Forgive my “newbieness”...I still am trying to figure out all the acronyms and abbreviations!

2. target242

target242 Member

I guess I should have posted more details about the car:

2014; 24,000 miles
    Model S P85
    Red Multi-Coat Paint
    All Glass Panoramic Roof
    19" Wheels
    Tan Nappa Leather Seats
    Piano Black Décor
    Light Headliner
    Carbon Fiber Spoiler
    Tesla Red Brake Calipers
    Supercharger Enabled
    Tech Package
    Premium Interior Lighting

Is the “Tech Package” Autopilot?

3. kev1n

kev1n Member

No, there is Tech Package without Autopilot.

a price might help if you want us to look at this deal for you.

4. target242

target242 Member

Sorry...56K
    Unfortunately I was naive about the AP. That is something that perhaps can be added later if it is not present?
    I guess these are the types of questions I should be asking...

5. target242

target242 Member

And here are the pics that were sent...
    BE7C4B91-DE70-47B8-B6F4-73CC8AE7F976.jpeg 8DABA41E-BF67-4E92-AB8C-187DE16663F4.jpeg A055309D-27CA-40EC-9D0B-89E2AD90EB39.jpeg FDC599E0-71CE-414E-9452-6BC7D2B8EC13.jpeg 6EA7AFC8-704E-4DE1-A70D-124F8E96DEA8.jpeg

• Like x 1
  6. RichardD

RichardD Supporting Member

Hi based on the pictures, your missing the radar under the front grill which is indicative of AP1. So unfortunately you do not have AP1 and it is not something that can be added, sorry.
    The car looks very nice.

7. target242

target242 Member

Thanks for the info! I guess that would also explain the great price.
    It’s not a deal-breaker, although the “tech package” terminology is somewhat confusing.
    I honestly can’t see myself using AP that much except for the novelty of it and the show-off factor.
    Again, showing my naivety, could the car be modified to add AP?

8. kev1n

kev1n Member

it does not have AP and cannot be added. if thats something youre looking for, you should probably cancel this order as a AP1 car for $56k is do-able

9. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

There are a few used Teslas in the for sale section of this forum less than $56k that have autopilot and are probably better maintained.