Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newbie question about Model 3 price

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am new to the forum and interested in a new Model 3. Is there a thread here regarding what folks paid for their vehicles and what options were included? I did a search and could not find anything. I belong to a Toyota and subie forum and they both had very active threads about prices paid around the US and Canada. Also, is there any negotiating the purchase price?
thanks

I am new to the forum and interested in a new Model 3. Is there a thread here regarding what folks paid for their vehicles and what options were included? I did a search and could not find anything. I belong to a Toyota and subie forum and they both had very active threads about prices paid around the US and Canada. Also, is there any negotiating the purchase price?
thanks

Also, you can go to Tesla.com and "build " one. (That route there is zero negotiating.) You will see pricing along the way as you add/ subtract features; or look at the used inventory- possibly some wriggle room wth those..

There have been MANY pricing changes over the last year --so to ask 100 ppl, you will get 100 different prices!

Welcome to the land of Tesla! I will donate $1 towards your purchase

For new builds that you configure on the website, the price is the price. As @Runnergirl mentioned, there have been many pricing changes over the past year. Knowing what people paid in the past isn't going to help you unless you just want to feel better (or worse) about the current price of the car. The current price for the different models and options are laid out clearly as you configure on the website. A lot of your questions will be answered by designing a Model 3 on the website. People have gotten discounts on floor models and other special circumstances, but otherwise there is no negotiating.

• Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric
763FD322-53B9-4A83-A257-A1B5CDA53FE5.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Bill Foster
That chart is....not accurate.

The SR is physically the same car as the SR+ but with software locks on the front heated seats, fog lights, and 20 miles less range via software.
You do know that some SR cars do have some of the upgrades as the Plus, probably not the ones coming out in the future but like heated seats and motorized seats, check out what’s on youtube on the SR’s that are out now.

Fred

You do know that some SR cars do have some of the upgrades as the Plus, probably not the ones coming out in the future but like heated seats and motorized seats, check out what’s on youtube on the SR’s that are out now.

Fred

Uh- your chart is the one claiming, wrongly, that SRs come with cloth seats instead of the power vegan leather ones of the SR+ and other physical differences that don't exist between the two.

Anyway, the SRs on youtube will have the seat heaters disabled in software shortly as the "SR" software is finally ready....just like the SR+ guys had some MR/LR features turned on at delivery that later got turned off via an update once the "SR+" software was ready.

See also-

Tesla starts delivering 'Standard Range' Model 3 at ~$35,000 with locked features - Electrek

When it comes to the actual hardware, the two versions of the vehicle, which now start at $35,400 and $39,900, are identical.

The automaker started to deliver Model 3’s to people who bought the Standard Range last month, but we checked with a few owners and they all report still having access to all the same features as the ‘Standard Range Plus’ to this day.

It appeared that Tesla didn’t release a software update for the Standard Range until now.