Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newbie question for tire rotation suggestion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see lots of comments for where to get your tires rotated. Whether it’s front to back or cross rotation, do you need to keep track so the tire psi information on screen matches the newly changed tire orientation?
What year do you have? For the older system, there is a menu option to reset them. For the newer bluetooth system, the car automatically detects the new locations of the tires after driving it for a while.
Rotated tires, how do I update TPMS tire location?

Reactions: jjrandorin
Upvote 0
I see lots of comments for where to get your tires rotated. Whether it’s front to back or cross rotation, do you need to keep track so the tire psi information on screen matches the newly changed tire orientation?
Are you a new car owner, or a "new-to-you"? Here in "Kuh-nuh-duh", where we deal with seasonality and snow, we swap out for snow tires and rims, twice annually. I don't suppose you have that issue much in Cali. It is still a good idea to rotate them, to ensure even wear. Maybe consider once a year? Just a thought.

Upvote 0
Front to back is fine, cross rotation is the best, but requires all four tires to be off the ground to do it. I do rotations myself and just do front to back every 6000ish miles. I create a new trip odometer that says 12-18 rotated tires and when the odometer turns over 6000miles, I rotate the tires. I have a 2021 so I reset the tire configuration and it learns the new tire location after driving for awhile. Some people never rotate and just replace the tires when they wear out.

Reactions: hadgana
Upvote 0