Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newbie question - paint protection, warranty void for aftermaket seats, etc...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

I've ordered my blue model 3 (delivery in Sept - Nov) and am super excited. I'm thinking of getting my calipers painted red and some @Tsportline white seats installed, but I am a little worried about the warranty situation. I've searched the forums and read the statement from @Tsportline (Will Installing Aftermarket Parts Void My Tesla Warranty?), but I've heard differently from the guys at Tesla. The guys at Tesla say that my warranty will be voided (I assume warranty on my seats?) if I use aftermarket seats. They also said that I "could paint my calipers and it shouldn't be a problem I don't think". It's a bit perplexing that I can't seem to get a straight answer. Any thoughts?

Also, I plan on driving straight to the dealership and getting a xpel ultimate paint protection (not sure if I will wrap the whole car or just the front/fenders... depends on price). I was thinking of doing a paint correction adding a ceramic coating over it. Does this alter the color at all?

I'm located in Las Vegas, so if anyone has a place that they recommend to get some of this work done, please let me know (and prices also). Cheers!

Congrats ...with the price u would pay for tsportline seats u can get a performance 3 with the whites seats by just paying the differential from regular 3 to P3 ...Xpel normally folks do front half ( bumper, hood , fenders , mirrors) expect around 1200-1800 ...paint correction is normally done before ceramic ..best value for money is PPF front ceramic everything else ~2500...there was someone on forum that did this in Vegas but prices there seem 25% higher you would be better off coming to LA/OC area to do ...normal PPF and ceramic will generally look glossier ..if u want matte look u need Xpel stealth but than u need to do whole car ...

@chr147 You're not changing your seats.

All you would be doing is having one of our professional authorized installers remove your current black vinyl seat covers and install our covers (available in both Vegan and Leather). Think of it as reupholstering a couch with nicer, custom material. ;)

Extreme example: After installing our seat covers your brakes started to squeak. Tesla would have to prove that reupholstering your seats caused the brakes to start squeaking to void your brake warranty.

Down to earth example: After installing our seat covers your seat controls ceased to operate. Well if Tesla could prove reupholstering your seats caused the seat controls to stop working, they would not be responsible for fixing the controls under warranty.

Here's a visual so you understand what you're buying. These custom covers DO NOT wrap over your existing seat material. The current factory material has to be stripped off, and recovered with our seat upgrade kit.

IMG_8393 2.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: DR61
@chr147 You're not changing your seats.

All you would be doing is having one of our professional authorized installers remove your current black vinyl seat covers and install our covers (available in both Vegan and Leather). Think of it as reupholstering a couch with nicer, custom material. ;)

Extreme example: After installing our seat covers your brakes started to squeak. Tesla would have to prove that reupholstering your seats caused the brakes to start squeaking to void your brake warranty.

Down to earth example: After installing our seat covers your seat controls ceased to operate. Well if Tesla could prove reupholstering your seats caused the seat controls to stop working, they would not be responsible for fixing the controls under warranty.

Here's a visual so you understand what you're buying. These custom covers DO NOT wrap over your existing seat material. The current factory material has to be stripped off, and recovered with our seat upgrade kit.

View attachment 319042

Thank you for the info @Tsportline. Do you guys deliver and have installers in the Las Vegas area? Install price?

Is there a ceramic coat that will keep the color the same (not make it look glossy/stealth). I'm just trying to keep the car clean/easy to wash, love the color as is

Ceramic won’t make it look matte ..more like a nice wax ..it’s does make easier to clean ...only the PPF u can do with a matte look ...also depending on colors the ceramic will make pop more ...I have a white it just looks clean ..on my red it always had a freshly waxed look

Ceramic won’t make it look matte ..more like a nice wax ..it’s does make easier to clean ...only the PPF u can do with a matte look ...also depending on colors the ceramic will make pop more ...I have a white it just looks clean ..on my red it always had a freshly waxed look

@P85_DA If I opt for the expel ultimate and ceramic coating, i assume I will need to do a pain correction. Is there normally a separate charge for this?

Thanks for answering all my questions... I am a total newb

@P85_DA If I opt for the expel ultimate and ceramic coating, i assume I will need to do a pain correction. Is there normally a separate charge for this?

Thanks for answering all my questions... I am a total newb

Paint correction depends on shop some quote it directly in the wrap cost ..others quote “multiple step” paint correction etc ...at the end of the day it’s basically clay bar your car and run paint correction polish over it at a minimum once some times more depending on age of car ..not sure what color u are getting but new car I can’t see more than one pass paint correction

Paint correction depends on shop some quote it directly in the wrap cost ..others quote “multiple step” paint correction etc ...at the end of the day it’s basically clay bar your car and run paint correction polish over it at a minimum once some times more depending on age of car ..not sure what color u are getting but new car I can’t see more than one pass paint correction

@P85_DA im getting blue (in the Las Vegas area). Haven’t received the car yet, but plan on driving it from deliver directly to detailer