TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Newbie question: Unlocking all doors from FOB?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Az_Rael, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

Background: I have the lock set to only unlock the driver door for security reasons since 90% of the time I am driving by myself. I have walk away lock turned off, and auto-present on.

On the few occasions where my husband is riding with me, I have a hard time getting all the doors to unlock with the FOB and I am trying to figure out a consistent way to get it to work. I double-click once and my door unlocks, which is the behavior I expect. If I double click again, sometimes it unlocks the rest of the doors, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I have to get in and toggle the center console/park button to get the passenger door unlocked.

Anyone have any tricks? Is there a triple click or something simple I am missing to command all the doors open with the fob?

2. f-stop

f-stop Member

I have my car set the same way, to only normally unlock just the driver door.

using your fob, the first double click should open only the driver door. If you double click again just after that, it should unlock all the doors. by your description you're doing it correctly, so maybe there's a problem with your fob or car? have you tried your spare fob, does it behave the same way?

3. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

I havent tried the other fob to see if it work better - that is a good suggestion.

4. Maximapolak

Maximapolak Member

It has to be done within a couple of seconds of the first unlock. That may be why it doesn't work sometimes.

• Helpful x 1