Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newbie questions: wireless charging, camera recordings, must have accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

YForMeee

2021 MYP-White w/White + 2023 M3LR Black w/Black
Hi there,
As I patiently await the delivery of my MYP, I have been reading a ton of threads here to get acquainted with my future vehicle and help pass the time šŸ˜„. In doing so, I ended up with a couple questions I would love some clarification on from someone already using/ owning/ familiar.

1. Wireless charging: does this work for an iPhone 12 Pro Max with a case on it? No issues using other wireless chargers but saw many mixed reviews or comments indicating this and lots of people swapping / upgrading their charging area. Not sure if the new console helps/ or has an impact hereā€¦.

2. camera recordings: it seems I need to add an SD or an external drive of sorts to record this. Would love to hear from fellow Y owners: which one do you have that youā€™d recommend?

3. Any other other must have accessories? Iā€™ve seen a lot of people recommend a console organizer.

TIA

2. camera recordings: it seems I need to add an SD or an external drive of sorts to record this. Would love to hear from fellow Y owners: which one do you have that youā€™d recommend?
Picking up a M3P Saturday. I believe they come with a USB for recording. - USB Drive - 128 GB

I might upgrade to Samsung T7 portable SSD or a extreme endurance usb/sd card.

. Wireless charging: does this work for an iPhone 12 Pro Max with a case on it? No issues using other wireless chargers but saw many mixed reviews or comments indicating this and lots of people swapping / upgrading their charging area. Not sure if the new console helps/ or has an impact hereā€¦.

I've not had any trouble charging my 12 Pro Max with the Apple silicone case on it. Neither has my wife and she has a much thicker case on it.

Reactions: YForMeee
1: can't speak for the iPhone but I have a Galaxy Note 20 Ultra with a
2: They come with a thumbdrive. It does its job. I got a mini usb-c reader to use a second memory card for the external speaker just cause
3: upgrading the interior lighting (footwells, trunk, puddle lights etc). Console organizer is useful. Travel size detailing pruducts like seat cleaners and microfiber towels. Other than that, it's based on preference. Personally I like to get seat covers (just bottoms that match the seats to help keep jeans and such from scratching the seat), minimal sunshade sunglasses holder, mini duster. I also got the Tesla mudflaps for the front and tinting windows for me is a must.

Reactions: YForMeee
1. I have an iPhone XS with the thick apple charger case and this wirelessly charges easily.
2. I use this for storage for sentry mode and recording driving: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0874YS2N7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 500GB - Up to 1050MB/s - USB 3.2 External Solid State Drive, Gray (MU-PC500T/AM)​

3. I just purchased rear window shade and the recommended rear trunk side pocket liners and covers (from another thread here), both from the tesla website and very happy with each so far.
4. I had full PPF matte white with window tint, dechromed with black Tesla logos and ceramic coating for both exterior and for the leather seats

1. I have an iPhone XS with the thick apple charger case and this wirelessly charges easily.
2. I use this for storage for sentry mode and recording driving: Amazon.com

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 500GB - Up to 1050MB/s - USB 3.2 External Solid State Drive, Gray (MU-PC500T/AM)​

3. I just purchased rear window shade and the recommended rear trunk side pocket liners and covers (from another thread here), both from the tesla website and very happy with each so far.
4. I had full PPF matte white with window tint, dechromed with black Tesla logos and ceramic coating for both exterior and for the leather seats
Thanks! Can you share the Tesla read trunk pocket liner link? Canā€™t seem to find it and would love to check it out.

Hi there,
As I patiently await the delivery of my MYP, I have been reading a ton of threads here to get acquainted with my future vehicle and help pass the time šŸ˜„. In doing so, I ended up with a couple questions I would love some clarification on from someone already using/ owning/ familiar.

1. Wireless charging: does this work for an iPhone 12 Pro Max with a case on it? No issues using other wireless chargers but saw many mixed reviews or comments indicating this and lots of people swapping / upgrading their charging area. Not sure if the new console helps/ or has an impact hereā€¦.

3. Any other other must have accessories? Iā€™ve seen a lot of people recommend a console organizer.

TIA
My husband's iPhone 12 Pro Max with leather case charges (as does iphones 10, 11, and 12).
I purchased the following:
1. sliding console organizer for the front cubby, which I find is very helpful (Amazon)
2. under-the-front-seat vent covers given how large those vents are. (Amazon)
3. full Tesmanian floor and trunk mats are ordered & awaiting delivery; was between them and Taptes.
4. Spigen matte screen protector. Easy to apply and no issues (Amazon)
5. SpaceX badge from Abstract Ocean.