Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newbie Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Newbie here with a few questions. I'm interested in a M3LR. How does one arrange a test drive? Tesla centeres say test drives are unavailable? Does one just order without a test drive? What was your experience like from ordering online to finance/lease to delivery. Any advice you would give a newbie getting their first Tesla? Tips tricks.

Thank you.

...Tesla centeres say test drives are unavailable?...
When Tesla needed to increase the demand, it would widely offer test drives.

Now that the demand is through the roof, it had to discontinue the referral program to reduce the demand.

Thus, there's no reason for it to keep some cars unsold for test drives. It would rather sell any of those cars away.

After watching a TON of videos about the M3LR, I decided not to go for a test drive(also know acquaintances that I can test drive from) and order one anyways. As this will be my first new car and I've never had anything close to luxury, I absolutely know I will love the driving experience. I feel this will amp up my excitement for my delivery date and make my first time driving more special knowing it's my car I will be driving for the first time!

Hope this helps with the test drive question

After watching a TON of videos about the M3LR, I decided not to go for a test drive(also know acquaintances that I can test drive from) and order one anyways. As this will be my first new car and I've never had anything close to luxury, I absolutely know I will love the driving experience. I feel this will amp up my excitement for my delivery date and make my first time driving more special knowing it's my car I will be driving for the first time!

Hope this helps with the test drive question
You can also look on used car websites and local dealers to see who has some available and test drive it.

In the past couple of weeks, I've noticed that the Sherway Gardens storefront doesn't have ANY cars on the showroom floor. It's probably because of the temporary maintenance shutdown at the factories right after the quarter end. You can try again in a couple of weeks to see if you can schedule a test drive.

Even if you get the order done, you should still be able to book in a test drive. I would advise it to anyone considering buying any car, although you should test drive before ordering. If you have concerns, you can always talk with a Sales Advisor to answer your questions. If you have specific questions you want answered by non-Tesla staff, you can ask them here. So far as ordering and delivery goes, it's improving compared with earlier this year when parts shortages led to production delays, although demand is through the roof and you can expect a longer than typical wait time until delivery. Best advice is to get a Sales Advisor, and send them questions, especially as your vehicle's delivery date approaches. Setup an account on Tesla and monitor it.

Last edited:
In the past couple of weeks, I've noticed that the Sherway Gardens storefront doesn't have ANY cars on the showroom floor. It's probably because of the temporary maintenance shutdown at the factories right after the quarter end. You can try again in a couple of weeks to see if you can schedule a test drive.

Even if you get the order done, you should still be able to book in a test drive. I would advise it to anyone considering buying any car, although you should test drive before ordering. If you have concerns, you can always talk with a Sales Advisor to answer your questions. If you have specific questions you want answered by non-Tesla staff, you can ask them here. So far as ordering and delivery goes, it's improving compared with earlier this year when parts shortages led to production delays, although demand is through the roof and you can expect a longer than typical wait time until delivery. Best advice is to get a Sales Advisor, and send them questions, especially as your vehicle's delivery date approaches. Setup an account on Tesla and monitor it.
Thanks. I actually placed my order last Sunday with EDD of Nov 12 to Dec 24. My sales advisor has been very responsive to questions so that helps. I've heard that not all sales advisors are responsive so perhaps I got lucky. Now I just wait for now. Super excited to receive my very first Tesla.

Thanks. I actually placed my order last Sunday with EDD of Nov 12 to Dec 24. My sales advisor has been very responsive to questions so that helps. I've heard that not all sales advisors are responsive so perhaps I got lucky. Now I just wait for now. Super excited to receive my very first Tesla.

Congrats, @Eebm3! I have a sneaking suspicion you're gonna love it.

I realize that I'm not adding anything relevant to the thread except....YEAH!!!

Reactions: Vawlkus