Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newbie - Registration Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Newbie here, very excited about Model 3.

I was planning to reserve on March 31 in store.
- Will I be able to reserve 2, 1 for me , and 1 for wife
- Or can I reserve 1 in store and 1 online?
- Can I cancel the reservation any time and get 1K refunded?
- Can I transfer the reservation to someone else?

Thanks again, and looking forward to reservation and owning very soon !!

There's no details released yet. But no one has any reason to believe that you won't be able to order multiple, that you won't be able to order in-store and online (you'll have to wait for online by a day), or that the deposit won't be refundable. The Model S and Model X deposits were refundable until you configured your car and signed the purchase agreement (from what I heard). I wouldn't know about transferring, but I wouldn't see why not.

Newbie here, very excited about Model 3.

I was planning to reserve on March 31 in store.
- Will I be able to reserve 2, 1 for me , and 1 for wife
- Or can I reserve 1 in store and 1 online?
- Can I cancel the reservation any time and get 1K refunded?
- Can I transfer the reservation to someone else?

Thanks again, and looking forward to reservation and owning very soon !!

I expect Tesla will welcome multiple orders per person. Though that is just speculation.

Reservations can be cancelled with full refund.

Reservations are non-transferrable.

I cancelled my X deposit (the towing capacity wasn't enough for me, and I decided it was more $ than I was comfortable spending). It took a little while (~2-3 weeks) for them to credit my Mastercard.

thanks for the quick and very informative feedback. i will wait for more information to be released as we get closer to Mar 31.

I heard people peddling reservations on eBay/craigslist for Model X and now Model 3. Not sure how reliable it is.

thanks for the quick and very informative feedback. i will wait for more information to be released as we get closer to Mar 31.

I heard people peddling reservations on eBay/craigslist for Model X and now Model 3. Not sure how reliable it is.
If it's the Model 3, it's a scam. I'd be leery of the Model X reservations as well.

Reservations are NOT transferable.
Tesla will not start taking Model 3 reservations until March 31st at the launch event and then April 1st at showrooms and online (not certain about the online date).
eBay and craigslist are full of scams. Be careful.