Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
was looking for anyones assessment of the enhanced auto pilot

Have me Tesla a little over a week. Regarding EAP I have been extremely happy with it. I commute 25 miles each way on 2 - 4 lane highways. I have auto-pilot engage from the time I get on 95 or 295 in Maryland until I exit off 495 for the office. I rarely have to disengage during that time. I am always paying attention and ready to take over but makes commuting in traffic so much better then previous. I actually find even with the speed of the Tesla I am driving at a lower speed then when I was driving my truck. I think I am more patient and relaxed therefore I don't find the to change lanes and try to get there as fast as I can. Although love having the speed when I need it. Sometimes it will hug one side more than I would like and I have to guide it back to center or hold on a little tighter ready to take over.

Reactions: GaryW
Just order my S 75D with enhanced auto pilot and sun roof, waiting for delivery Nov/Dec any advice on the EAP, charging etc.?

Purplewalt is right about charging. No need for a specialized electrician. Any one that can put in a dryer outlet can put in a 14-50. Send them the installation instructions from Tesla.

Auto pilot is great, but it seems to have a thing for trucks. It likes to hug the lane next to them.

What part of Florida? Have you seen the Florida Tesla Group?

Best advice.... Move out of Florida....

Hurricanes, sink holes, alligators, 200% humidity, what is not to love... LOL

Second best advice... like they said, get the charger hooked up at your house before you take delivery... I tried to get it done by a handyman but it turns out that in Las Vegas you need permits to add additional load to your panel which included a load assessment, drawings and a post installation inspection which by the way took about 4.0 seconds for the inspector to come to my house and sign off... just slightly faster than I can do 0-60...LOL

third best advice... move out of Florida... I can say that because I lived there for most of my childhood....

Congrats on your purchase...