TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Newbie Supercharger Question

Discussion in 'Model 3: Battery & Charging' started by jdcollins5, Aug 14, 2018.

1. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Member

Hello. I have just joined the forum and have just recently requested a test drive of a Model 3 at the Raleigh, NC location. I am trying to learn all I can about the Model 3. My current vehicle is a 2010 Prius.

Question, when connecting to a Supercharger how is your car identified in the Tesla system?

2. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

Electronic handshake that identifies your Vin

3. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Member

Thanks.

4. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Member

Is there any way to edit thread title?

5. PoitNarf

PoitNarf The Clown Prince of Crime

Only moderators can edit a thread title. If you want it edited report your own post and ask if the title can be changed.

6. RedSafari

RedSafari Member

From what I’ve read on the forum, it’s the car that keeps track of charging duration and speed for billing purposes. The Supercharger only delivers energy up to the max rate requested by the car.

BTW I also upgraded to a Model 3 from a 2010 Prius. It has worked out great so far!

• Informative x 1
  7. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Member

That is good to hear! I have really enjoyed the Prius but I am ready to move to EV. From what I see and read it is hard to beat the Model 3.