TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Newbie!

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Joetnr1, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Joetnr1

Joetnr1 Member

Finally pulled the trigger and ordered a Model S! Ordered 10/31, confirmed 11/7 w/ an estimated delivery of late November-December.

Had to keep it pretty "stock" so I could pitch the cheapest price to my wife :wink: but I'm stoked! Black S 70, went with the rear wheel since L.A. hasn't seen rain in ages, also I just don't need the extra power or range for my driving style. My 3 year old twins are so pumped when I show them the pictures on the site. Can't tell who's more excited for the real thing, me or them!

2. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

Nothing wrong with stock. Congrats!

3. Ugliest1

Ugliest1 S85: "Sparky"

Welcome, congrats, hope you manage through the waiting period without succumbing to drugs or illness! As I'm sure you know by now, "stock" Model S is still light years ahead of any ICE in terms of driving advantages, and fun. One-pedal driving, woo hoo!!

4. esk8mw

esk8mw Active Member

Congrats! Now the waiting game...

5. Joetnr1

Joetnr1 Member

Seriously, how do you keep from clicking into the "My Tesla" site once per hour? It's like a drug.

6. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

Time to set up charging, buy toys for the new car, prep the garage, fixate on TMC, etc. You'll love it.

7. tanker5

tanker5 Member

I'm wondering the same thing. Confirmed 10/15, In production as of 11/04. I think I check mytesla about 20 times a day!!

8. e-FTW

e-FTW New electron smell

Throw yourself into work, exercise, cooking... Knitting. Name it.
    Good luck folks, you'll need it!
    :cool:

9. Vigile

Vigile Member

I'm still in production queue, confirmed on 11/4. They are telling me "second half of December" as current delivery schedule. Hopefully it arrives before I head to family for the holidays. :)

10. bancroftc

bancroftc Member

Impossible not to! It's all part of the process - I think everyone on this forum has been through that stage, myself included. While the My Tesla clicks will go away after you get your car, there has not been a single day since I've ordered my car that I haven't spent on this forum. Use this time to study up on your new car, learn everything about it and get all the extra goodies you might need. Priority #1 should be your charger set up assuming your finances are in order. Be ready to pay the day you get notice because they won't ship your car until you're paid in full.

Also, buddy up with your DS if you can and be NICE to him/her!

11. Joetnr1

Joetnr1 Member

Thanks for the advice everyone! Got the electrician coming in today to install the 240 outlet. I think it'll feel even more real after that goes in.

12. Joetnr1

Joetnr1 Member

My MS went into production today!!! (11/12) Now I'm not complaining but is this normal? From everything I've been reading on the boards this seems REALLY quick. 10/31 order, 11/7 confirmed, in production 5 days later. Hopefully sticking to this late November/early December delivery range!

13. Model S M.D.

Model S M.D. Ludicrous Radiologist

Congrats! That is fast! Keep us posted, I'm about 10 days behind you...