Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newbie!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NoMoGasBro

Woman who owns a P100D!
Apr 27, 2017
Georgia
Hi! I've known about Tesla for about 3 years now. And have finally decided to join the forum.My husband is in the military and we move around a lot with our 14 Year Old Son. And we keep car's for about 1 or 2 years. But the Model S seems like a great car for us! I RSVP'd about 2 days ago for a overnight test drive but Tesla never got back to me:(. I'd be happy to trade my current 2016 BMW 7 Series for the Model S! We have owned about 13 makes of car's, trucks, and SUV's. And im looking for something that would "Actually" make me happy whenever I step into the car. And not just have a smile for about 2 weeks and then get tired of the car!:confused: I'm looking for something different. And would like a performance model with decent range!:) Looking at a New Inventory P100D or Build our own car online. I might even try to find a Autopilot Version 1 P85 or P85+.

Goodbye (For now)..........:D

First of all - Welcome! As you've probably heard before - once you do the test drive, there's no going back :D

We've had ours for more than 4 years now. And still, every time we get in the car, we say "We Love This Car!!". So I'm not sure when that sentiment or smile will wear off, but it has had some serious staying power so far.

Welcome!

Once you drive a Tesla you won't want to go back!

My wife and I are on our second Model S, with a total of nearly 80,000 miles driven. After all this time, the Tesla is still so much more fun than our second car (Toyota Highlander) that we still share the Tesla with the carefully crafted precision of a child custody arrangement.

• Funny
Reactions: Sousagil90D
the P100D is probably one of the best purchases i've made in my life. haven't regretted it for an instant.

the one word of warning i'd offer is, if you're coming from a BMW 7 series, the Tesla is really more of a performance and technology car than a "luxury" car per se.

Reactions: Sousagil90D
I highly do recommend the overnight loaner test drive.
More than just for the thrill of driving it, you get more familiar with the options. You'll be able to figure out for yourself how valuable the options are... like cold weather (since you move frequently -- you'll be able to evaluate that use case) seat configuration options, driving features (AP, etc.) battery capacity vs. your budget, etc. On and on. Who knows you may even take a second overnight drive w/ the X??

It is a tech car.. and you'll have lots of tech to become familiar with --- be patient... you'll get it. What will win you over are the driving performance refinements -- that's what makes me love to go do errands ;-) Go to the grocery & pick stuff up, yes honey! Be rrrrright back!

On the over night drive request: Follow up and be persistent... then enjoy. Use this forum for TONS of advise & experience. Also use one of our referral codes if you pull the trigger.

MX100D `TechVP

How cool you finally jumped in here. Welcome. Just last night I said to my husband let's go out to dinner and take your car (MS). I really love being in it. So understand your feelings about wanting to drive a car that makes you happy and your feeling good in it. Probably only next to their beds, people spend the most time in their cars.

Hubby had been a passenger in a co-worker's MS and ordered ours without even test driving it. He felt that strongly about it. A few days later we went to the showroom because he wanted me to sit in one, did a test drive then and wanted me to make any changes to the color and design choices. Couldn't be happier. Hope you get your test drive soon and come back and let us know what you order.

the P100D is probably one of the best purchases i've made in my life. haven't regretted it for an instant.

the one word of warning i'd offer is, if you're coming from a BMW 7 series, the Tesla is really more of a performance and technology car than a "luxury" car per se.

Thanks for the reply! I really do love my 7 Series and have already put 63k miles on it. But the maintenance is the bad thing barely 2 years old and BMW has already paid 12k in warranty repairs (Currently at dealership now for a coolant pipe and a bad TPMS sensor)....Other than that it's been a great car! But the so called "Safety" Features are so gimmicky... Paid extra for all these features and they barely work.....

How cool you finally jumped in here. Welcome. Just last night I said to my husband let's go out to dinner and take your car (MS). I really love being in it. So understand your feelings about wanting to drive a car that makes you happy and your feeling good in it. Probably only next to their beds, people spend the most time in their cars.

Hubby had been a passenger in a co-worker's MS and ordered ours without even test driving it. He felt that strongly about it. A few days later we went to the showroom because he wanted me to sit in one, did a test drive then and wanted me to make any changes to the color and design choices. Couldn't be happier. Hope you get your test drive soon and come back and let us know what you order.

Thanks for the response! I just want to test drive to make sure that I actually like the way it drives (I know I will love it just an excuse to let me drive a Model S) My son is begging to pick the color and interior color of the car so I might just let him have his fun and pick! Pretty sure my husband doesn't care what color the car will be!

In your shoes recently and I decided on an inventory P100D due to the price deals and recent increase in the custom orders. First post here for me. Looking forward the car...it has not arrived yet.

I don't know just yet on what Performance version I will be looking at... My be an 85 pack, 90, or 100! Son want's me to custom order our car... He won't be getting this one but may be getting one whenever we upgrade the future Tesla. Look at me already talking about upgrading when I don't even have a Model S yet!:D

• Love
Reactions: dedicatedtek
First of all - Welcome! As you've probably heard before - once you do the test drive, there's no going back :D

We've had ours for more than 4 years now. And still, every time we get in the car, we say "We Love This Car!!". So I'm not sure when that sentiment or smile will wear off, but it has had some serious staying power so far.

We probably will only have this car for about 1 to 2 year's before we get another one!

Hi! I've known about Tesla for about 3 years now. And have finally decided to join the forum.My husband is in the military and we move around a lot with our 14 Year Old Son. And we keep car's for about 1 or 2 years. But the Model S seems like a great car for us! I RSVP'd about 2 days ago for a overnight test drive but Tesla never got back to me:(. I'd be happy to trade my current 2016 BMW 7 Series for the Model S! We have owned about 13 makes of car's, trucks, and SUV's. And im looking for something that would "Actually" make me happy whenever I step into the car. And not just have a smile for about 2 weeks and then get tired of the car!:confused: I'm looking for something different. And would like a performance model with decent range!:) Looking at a New Inventory P100D or Build our own car online. I might even try to find a Autopilot Version 1 P85 or P85+.

Goodbye (For now)..........:D

Welcome to the family!

It is all over after the test drive! I did three... just for fun. But I did do three additional overnight test drives, even after I put my order in, and I highly recommend it. This helped me get a little more familiar with all the options that I was considering, not to mention how the car would fit in my garage,best place to install my HPWC, how it would handle the driveway angle, etc.

What showroom are you trying to get a test drive from?

I did one 20 minute test drive - was not planning on purchasing, just had nothing to do that day. Loved the idea of the technology aspects of the car - and the idea of no gas.
I put a deposit on mine about 2 months later, and got it 1 month after that. That's been a year ago. Haven't stopped loving the car.

As other, I have now had mine for 26 months, longer than I have had a car in my life. My spouse had had a couple for longer, but not me. Soon I'll trade mine for another Tesla but I will never have another ICE. It's possible that sometime in the distant future a BEV might not be a Tesla, but I seriously doubt that.

So my recommendation is to be very very careful about a test drive. Doing a test drive will probably spoil you for anything else.

think about the downside: no side front door pockets, no coat hangers. These are our crosses to bear as Tesla owners!:rolleyes:

Reactions: NoMoGasBro
Welcome to the family!

It is all over after the test drive! I did three... just for fun. But I did do three additional overnight test drives, even after I put my order in, and I highly recommend it. This helped me get a little more familiar with all the options that I was considering, not to mention how the car would fit in my garage,best place to install my HPWC, how it would handle the driveway angle, etc.

What showroom are you trying to get a test drive from?

The Lenox Square Showroom in Atlanta. Any where in GA. Saw one at a supercharger last night and the owner let me sit in it and let me drive it too..... It was so exciting!!!:D They were just passing through they were about to leave glad I caught them in time!! Sad part was I came back and noticed that I was so excited I left the 2016 340i loaner running!!:) Glad it didn't get stolen!! The key fob was left inside too so someone could of had a free car!!

smile for about 2 weeks and then get tired of the car!
If your usual time is 2 weeks I can guarantee a much longer smile time in a Tesla. You will see on this forum it has gotten a name, the "Tesla smile":)
My son is begging to pick the color and interior color
I don't normally let my kids make decisions for me. Yet when I wanted red my daughter said we could not have 2 red cars and "told" me to get white. I went with white :) Love it!
I just want to test drive to make sure that I actually like the way it drives

That was my mistake. I test drove an S and 2 days later ordered one. I was tempted to order immediately! It only took 2 days so I could talk my wife into it. :)