Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newcastle Supercars - Fri 23 - Mon 25 November

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everybody ...

AEVA are organising an EV expo as part of the Newcastle Supercars, and have been allocated an 80m block of Hunter Street Mall ! !

Individual Tesla owners can be involved >>

1) Static vehicle display across the three days. Maybe people could display their Tesla in 3 - 4 hour blocks.
2) The Council and V8 Supercars are open to having cool vehicles (incl Teslas) on the track at specific times e.g. for Lord Mayor lap for VIP/spectators. TBA.
3) We could potentially do test rides for members of the public on public roads 1.5km return as part of the "innovation showcase".

Supercars are looking at possibly "rewarding" us with tickets, access etc. TBA.

Maybe this could fit in with a Hunter Valley winery weekend (TOCA?) if anybody is happy to organise.

This would be an excellent event to support, for Sydneysiders, and those that live a bit North.

Who would be interested in being involved in the Supercars event?

Hey everybody ...

AEVA are organising an EV expo as part of the Newcastle Supercars, and have been allocated an 80m block of Hunter Street Mall ! !

Individual Tesla owners can be involved >>

1) Static vehicle display across the three days. Maybe people could display their Tesla in 3 - 4 hour blocks.
2) The Council and V8 Supercars are open to having cool vehicles (incl Teslas) on the track at specific times e.g. for Lord Mayor lap for VIP/spectators. TBA.
3) We could potentially do test rides for members of the public on public roads 1.5km return as part of the "innovation showcase".

Supercars are looking at possibly "rewarding" us with tickets, access etc. TBA.

Maybe this could fit in with a Hunter Valley winery weekend (TOCA?) if anybody is happy to organise.

This would be an excellent event to support, for Sydneysiders, and those that live a bit North.

Who would be interested in being involved in the Supercars event?
Count me in!

I'm David Hiley, Vice-Chairman of AEVA in NSW. I'm co-ordinating the event on behalf of AEVA.

Thank you to those who've expressed interest in joining the event in Newcastle and if others are interested we'd love to have you join us for a few hours or the whole weekend. We'll be based in the Hunter Street mall and with tens of thousands of people coming through the mall across the three days it will be a great opportunity to raise the profile of EVs in Newcastle.

We have our first on-site meeting with the Council and local reps on Friday 7th September and we'll be looking to get wider support from EV owners and manufacturers over the coming weeks for the EV display but also for the opportunity to get on the track for some "spectator" laps and test rides.

Will update this topic as the event planning progresses over the next two months.

If anyone has any questions, fire away and I'll do my best to answer them.

Cheers,
David

Sounds good 100KWH. No doubt your Black P100D would be a stand out there for any time you can join us!

I'll share more as we go. It's likely we'll have to lock-in vehicles for any on track activities a little earlier as we need to work-in with the V8 Supercars schedule. We can swap cars in/out of the Hunter St mall display more easily.

We're running a small "warm-up" EV display at the Randwick Eco-Living Expo on Sunday 16th September with a Model S and X, BMW i3, Renault Zoe and a Hyundai EV (Ioniq or Kona). Will be looking to get those vehicles and many more at Newcastle in November.

Yep, certainly going ahead. We now have a roster in place for the display and test rides across the three days - 23-25 November.

I have sent this out to attendees this morning. If you haven't received it please email me at [email protected]. If there is anyone who would like to join us at anytime across the weekend please email me and I'll provide more details.

In brief, the EV display is 8am-4pm each day on 23/24/25 November and the test rides are 10am-2pm. Everything is split into 2 hour time slots so if you only have 2 hours you can still join us. We have 6-7 Teslas and 8-10 non-Teslas across the weekend.

If you aren't able to assist with the test rides or attend the display but happen to be going to the V8 Supercars event, we can organise an access pass to park and lock your car in the Hunter St mall while you enjoy the event! ;)