Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer M3P: Can you swap 20' Uberturbines rims/tires for 20' Sport rims/tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you have a newer refresh M3P with the OEM 20' Uberturbine rims/tires, can you swap those out for the OEM 20' Sports rims/tires that were found on the older Model 3 Performance vehicles? I am dumbfounded because when I checked Tesla's site for the older M3P Sports rims it said This package is only compatible with the Pre-Refresh Model 3 Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive configured with 20” Performance Wheels. Model 3 with Pre-Refresh configuration have chrome door handles and window trim.

Based on the 2019 publish date of this article, the Performance brakes (including pre-refresh) always had the same stepped hub:

Thus, given the other primary specs like tire size and wheel offset are identical or nearly so (Uberturbines have a +34 offset, down from +35, which is inconsequential), I don’t see any reasons these two options are not functionally interchangeable.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Based on the 2019 publish date of this article, the Performance brakes (including pre-refresh) always had the same stepped hub:

Thus, given the other primary specs like tire size and wheel offset are identical or nearly so (Uberturbines have a +34 offset, down from +35, which is inconsequential), I don’t see any reasons these two options are not functionally interchangeable.
@Linderwood Interesting, so why does Tesla through its own site state that it is NOT compatible? Is there a reason behind them doing so? Also, on another note, I just want to make sure, can I really swap the 20' Uberturbines on the M3P with either the 19' or 20' factors Sports Wheels????

19" Sport Wheel and Winter Tire​

@Linderwood Interesting, so why does Tesla through its own site state that it is NOT compatible? Is there a reason behind them doing so? Also, on another note, I just want to make sure, can I really swap the 20' Uberturbines on the M3P with either the 19' or 20' factors Sports Wheels????

19" Sport Wheel and Winter Tire​

Covering their butts? *shrug*

As to the 19s, I don’t believe they have the stepped hub bore, so you would need ~3-5mm spacers to make them fit.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd