Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I picked up my MS P90DL at 10 am. First delivery at the new SC in Tempe, AZ. At noon it wasn't the top of the line car anymore.

No complaints, we love this thing.

What battery is this: 1088792-00-A. V3 I think/hope?

Also to thicken the plot on what battery/power everyone is getting, my car showed a range of 312 when I picked it up. I was surprised but wasn't going to mention it. Drove it all day (only over 100 mph), and now showing 238 miles.
If the P100DL is 315 miles, I think I am very happy. Very happy with power of my MS and couldn't see myself paying for more.
You are probably seeing ideal milage, not rated (or EPA)
You should be able to change setting and see what it's showing then

• Informative
Reactions: St Charles
So I picked up my MS P90DL at 10 am. First delivery at the new SC in Tempe, AZ. At noon it wasn't the top of the line car anymore.

Also to thicken the plot on what battery/power everyone is getting, my car showed a range of 312 when I picked it up. I was surprised but wasn't going to mention it. Drove it all day (only over 100 mph), and now showing 238 miles.
If the P100DL is 315 miles, I think I am very happy. Very happy with power of my MS and couldn't see myself paying for more.
Charge it to 90% and let us know the rated range is not ideal.

azdryheat, i knew the moment i hit confirm that my car was going to be superseded. somehow i managed to snag one of the more powerful p90d's.

that being said, the current p90d no longer sports Ludi mode?
Order_a_Tesla_Model_S_Tesla_-_2016-08-23_20.09.53.png

are you set on rated or ideal range?

Reactions: St Charles
Has anyone else noticed that the 10.9 claim has now been totally removed from Tesla website and you can't buy a new P90DL car anymore. A new (dare I say v4) P90D doesn't do Ludicrous and will only go 0-60 in 3.0 seconds (no claims of 1/4 mile time).

I think this is a correction to fix their over-promosing original Ludicrous performance. Only issue now is making it right with the original "L" owners.

• Informative
Reactions: Matias
So the ludicrous update cost P90D people $10K.
But only $5K for the existing P85DL folk... to be fair to them.

The P100D upgrade costs $10K for the new owners.
But $20K to existing P90D people. The ones with V1 cars that can't go the 265 miles or the 10.9 ?

And I actually thought part of the announcement was going to be about squaring up with the V1 people.

I like this way of thinking! In that case they could offer it for 5K, even maybe exchange it for the Powerwall that nobody knows what to do with.... would be an awesome solution to get their ambassadors (early tech adopters combined with lots of enthousiasm to demonstrate the car) in the newest available tech.... for me, it would me even easier to get AMG drivers into Tesla enthousiasts :)

I like this way of thinking! In that case they could offer it for 5K, even maybe exchange it for the Powerwall that nobody knows what to do with.... would be an awesome solution to get their ambassadors (early tech adopters combined with lots of enthousiasm to demonstrate the car) in the newest available tech.... for me, it would me even easier to get AMG drivers into Tesla enthousiasts :)
I am down with that.

I paid $3000 for 0 more miles than a P85D.

I would think it fair to pay $5000 more for an actual 15kw range increase. Provided this time I received the actual range increase specified.

At least then I would feel like I got what I paid for.

Hate to sound like sour grapes since the car is freakin amazing otherwise. But I do feel ripped off.

Has anyone else noticed that the 10.9 claim has now been totally removed from Tesla website and you can't buy a new P90DL car anymore. A new (dare I say v4) P90D doesn't do Ludicrous and will only go 0-60 in 3.0 seconds (no claims of 1/4 mile time).

I think this is a correction to fix their over-promosing original Ludicrous performance. Only issue now is making it right with the original "L" owners.
Exactly!

Reactions: msnow
A lot of people here are saying the upgrade costs $20k. But I have looked in the Tesla Model S and X configuratar before and after they added the 100 kwh battery option (Order a Tesla Model S | Tesla), an apple to apple comparison between P90DL and P100DL is actually just $10k, NOT $20k. (note that you cannot order P90DL anymore, and ludicrous upgrade option used to cost $10k)
For soon to be P90D owners you are correct, it is $10K to upgrade. For existing P90DL owners it is $20K.

Boy, they are really trying to milk the profit margin on those with disposable cash to burn...

i was thinking about this on last nights drive home, the 100kwh battery is only being offered in the P car mode to extract some nice profits, and the battery upgrade is now quite a bit more. methinks they are trying to snag even more cash to ramp up 3 machinery.

i was thinking about this on last nights drive home, the 100kwh battery is only being offered in the P car mode to extract some nice profits, and the battery upgrade is now quite a bit more. methinks they are trying to snag even more cash to ramp up 3 machinery.
They said early production of the 100kwh packs would be limited so would go into the top of the line P100DL. As production rate increases the 100kwh batteries will be moved down scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.