Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will speak for Lolachampcar since he is no longer reading your posts.

Sorry but I didn't read the rest of that.

With all due respect, unless you are authorized to speak for him and on his behalf, anything beyond what you posted above in any attempt to speak for him, is meaningless in terms of a response by him.

And since he didn't say it himself, it is pointless to respond to it.

Now if he is willing to state that you are now speaking for him, and that he is speaking through, or via you, well then I will consider a response to your words while speaking as his surrogate.

I know that he is reading this right now, if he has not already read it, as his curiosity will get the better of him, and he wants to know just how I responded to your post. Look, he actually has a green tag aside his avatar at this moment showing that he is lurking in here. So I'm really not on his ignore list anyway.

Hold on a minute......Let's wave at him..........Hi lolachampcar :D

So take a good look at the above lolachampcar. When you are ready to appoint NSX1992 as your spokesperson, I will respond to the following.

You missed his point entirely. I think he meant by Tesla omitting the 10.9 (or the new 1/4) in the specs Tesla has taken a turn for the better.No one is questioning the 2.8 sec 0 to 60 stated for the P90DL but it is strange that Tesla did not use MT 2.6.

Of course I disagree with your 100% confidence that negative comments from the most loyal fans have no effect. I remember when Tesla announced the P85D and it was available only with a black interior, 21" wheels and a spoiler. Due to many complaints two weeks later Tesla changed the mandatory options and I ordered mine with tan interior, 19" wheels and no spoiler.

Last night I was reading my old issues of Motor Trend that have Tesla articles that I keep separate. MT was a real supporter of Tesla and named it Car of the Year in 2013. I also came across the first test of the P85D and the 1/4 mile time was 11.6. On my first try with my P85D in the 1/4 I did 11.5. Looking forward to the first 1/4 time for the P100DL.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Thora and NSX1992
Using can bus data, I started timing as soon as the pedal position was greater than zero and stopped as soon as the speed was greater than 60 mph. I got 2.74 secs. I just did a normal press of the accelerator, not a super fast kick. Didn't notice any wheel slip.

How much would the 1 ft roll out lower this 0-60 time?

P90DL, 100% SOC, max battery ready, latest battery(1088792-00-A), 19" wheels w/ summer tires.

Last edited:
Using can bus data, I started timing as soon as the pedal position was greater than zero and stopped as soon as the speed was greater than 60 mph. I got 2.74 secs. I just did a normal press of the accelerator, not a super fast kick. Didn't notice any wheel slip.

P90DL, 100% SOC, max battery ready, latest battery(1088792-00-A), 19" wheels w/ summer tires.

Assuming you're launching at about 1 g, the foot roll-out takes off about 0.25 seconds from the 0-60 time. Or, alternatively, at 1 g it takes about 0.25 seconds to cover a foot.

That's pretty impressive.

You don't say it, but I'm taking it that this was on level pavement and not downhill at all, yes?.

A nice summary from Bloomberg ... Tesla Unveils the World’s Fastest Production Car: 0 to 60 in 2.5 Seconds

Teslas Ranked Against Bugatti, Porsche.png

This was using the speed that the car reported for itself. I went back and set the cruise control for 50 mph and got an average gps speed over a half mile. The gps reported 49.4 mph, so with this correction for the speed, the 0-60 time is 2.79 secs without roll out.

Last edited:
So far the explanations went something "like" this - granted I don't remember the exact wording since it was always vocal.
When I first realized the drop from 268 max to 250 something, I complained... and was told the car is so new, give it time to learn the battery capacities.
I waited, and started to lose more miles... complained and was told to balance the battery by discharging and fully charging a few times.
I did that and still the miles did not return.
I complained again, and was told that engineers would do a detailed evaluation of the battery. They did , and said the battery degradation was as expected. At this point I simply accepted it Though when they took my car, they gave a P85 loaner which had better range than my car though it was older and had 30K miles, while mine had around 15k at the time. They said you cannot compare the two cars since once is a dual motor and one is not. So I accepted that.
It kept bothering me though, seeing data showing P85D owners with the same or better range than I was getting. So while I accepted it , I still had trouble moving on.
Then I started to read data that the P90DL V2 owners were getting around 270 miles range, even after 9K miles. That was the straw that broke the camels back. How can V1 owners not get compensated?
So I again complained. They are again looking at my battery, and are supposed to let me know soon what they think. In my last complaint I referred to the V2 owners getting the expected range.
Good news! Tesla has told me that the range issue with my car is due to a software bug. They are working on it, and expect to have a software update to correct the problem. No completion time was stated. Though they feel optimistic that it won't be very long. With this being the only thing negative about the car ( for me ), I am very happy that they are willing to make it right. That is very impressive.

• Informative
Reactions: brianman
Good news! Tesla has told me that the range issue with my car is due to a software bug. They are working on it, and expect to have a software update to correct the problem. No completion time was stated. Though they feel optimistic that it won't be very long. With this being the only thing negative about the car ( for me ), I am very happy that they are willing to make it right. That is very impressive.
That's exactly what they told me as I mentioned in post #2196 upthread. I hope you are right although I have been waiting 9 months now and have not seen the software update. If this is all verbal I'd suggest you follow up that conversation in an email to the Tesla person that told you that and cc the Service Manager.

That's exactly what they told me as I mentioned in post #2196 upthread. I hope you are right although I have been waiting 9 months now and have not seen the software update. If this is all verbal I'd suggest you follow up that conversation in an email to the Tesla person that told you that and cc the Service Manager.
Yeah I remember you stating that they told you the same thing a while back - I am treating this like a refresh of the issue, and their current information is more valid. I am also trusting they will deliver a fix. In any event I will keep everyone updated.

Reactions: P85DEE and msnow
Yeah I remember you stating that they told you the same thing a while back - I am treating this like a refresh of the issue, and their current information is more valid. I am also trusting they will deliver a fix. In any event I will keep everyone updated.

There, you see. You can accomplish a lot more when you approach them in a civil manner as opposed to coming onto a message board and making all sorts of wild accusations.

The smart money says that they get to your car and to addressing your issue before they get to to the cars of those who like to carry on in an accusatory and indicting type manner on the message boards.

Only for the street for me as well and I really did not like the P90DL I drove the other day (suspension wise). It felt like an MB E63 on air springs. That floaty wander about feeling.

I know the sport suspension is not for everyone. Some find it harsh but for me, the porridge is just right :)

I think I did an excel speadsheet with the first column being the CAN reported wheel speed and the second being the commutative distance. The formula was something like-

Previous distance in cell above plus
Current M/H * .01 seconds for Mseconds/H
/ 3600 seconds/H for miles
* 5280 ft/M for feet

I can try to find that work but I remember getting a reasonable number on the order of a few tenths of a second.

I think I did an excel speadsheet with the first column being the CAN reported wheel speed and the second being the commutative distance. The formula was something like-

Previous distance in cell above plus
Current M/H * .01 seconds for Mseconds/H
/ 3600 seconds/H for miles
* 5280 ft/M for feet

I can try to find that work but I remember getting a reasonable number on the order of a few tenths of a second.

I'm getting 0.35 seconds. That seems too long and would make the 0-60 time very quick. It also looks like there is a delay between when the pedal position becomes non-zero and the speed begins to increase.

Lola,
I am thinking about upgrading my p85dl pre April suspension to a p100dl.
I really like my current suspension. Are the newer cars that much softer? This is my main concern and don't want to be disappointed with the handling.
Only for the street.
Thanks

I also have a pre April P85D suspension which I prefer over the later "softer" post April 2015 suspension... Especially after coming from a 2006 Corvette Z06.

Is there a current upgrade path from a P85D to a P100DL ? I thought Tesla was currently only offering the P100DL upgrade to P85DL users...

I also have a pre April P85D suspension which I prefer over the later "softer" post April 2015 suspension... Especially after coming from a 2006 Corvette Z06.

Is there a current upgrade path from a P85D to a P100DL ? I thought Tesla was currently only offering the P100DL upgrade to P85DL users...
No announced upgrade path that I'm aware of. I took his comment to mean he was trading in his P85DL for a new P100DL. I guess I misunderstood.

Status
Not open for further replies.