Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone please tell how on earth my new P90DL Manufacture Date Aug 2015 and been a loaner since and i got it with 10k mileage on it a few days ago!!HAS A V2 Is Battery 1071394-00-A ?!!! If they replace someone it they would have said?! How can i find out if i have a brand new battery as part of PDI process?!
well, at least you have the battery that makes your car runs faster than the 106 battery. It isn't a bad thing.

Fun day at the track with @NSX1992. Best I could do was 11.105, 120.39mph @ 97% SOC.
I would like to add some more details to our trip to Auto Club Famoso Raceway, north of Bakersfield. I decided to join Shotgun at the last moment. We both made long trips starting at 5am and met at the Buttonwillow Supercharger. Had breakfast while the cars charged to 100%. Then drove 25 miles to Flying J Truck Plaza which was 8 miles from the track. Plug Share stated Flying J had 8 14-50 chargers. Since I arrived there first I asked the cashiers where they were located and they replied the chargers were installed one month ago but were not operational. Shotgun (Daren) over the phone told me they were located far from the store next to the freeway. I found them but panicked when my 14-50 adaptor would not fit their 14-30 socket and I was down to 88%. Daren saved the day as he had the 14-30 in his bag and he called the company who were able to energize it. It turned out the Kiosk for payment was not operational yet and the service was 30 amps allowing only a very slow charge of 24 amps. So it took 2 hours for Darens P90DL v2 to charge from 90 to 100%.

While Daren was charging we noticed a truck weight scale on site and asked if we could weigh a car. The lady replied sure, just push the button and come inside for the printout. So we weighed my P85DL with air and Pano only (19" wheels). But to get the results cost me $11, 2500 for front and 2400 for back for a total weight of 4,900 pounds. I thought maybe they were rounding it to the nearest 100 pounds but she showed me a weight ticket that included weights in 10 lb increments. Since Daren did not have a helmet I gave him mine to race with while I used his 14-30 adaptor. By this time my charge was down to 85% as we had been sitting in my car with the air on. So it took me an additional 2 and 3/4 hours to charge from 85 to 99%.

The track was open at 10am with racing between 11 and 5pm. Daren had messaged me that he had done a 11.105 and he was happy with his 120.39 speed which is the fastest listed for a P90DL v2. So I hurried to the track to get there by 3pm before Daren went back to San Diego. I forgot to use slip start on my first 2 runs but I managed an 11.267 @ 117.10 on my first run at 95%. This was .043 sec slower than my previous best at this track and 2 mph slower. There were a lot fewer racers this time so I made 7 runs within one hour. I had my best run with the fast pedal and now I am undecided which method is the best. One thing is for sure Launch Mode was the worst and I also has a terrible reaction time.

Overall it was a long day but we enjoyed it. We also agreed it is very hard to run a 10.99 even for a P90DL v2.

you're battery must have been replaced, you have an early P90DL and that would have had the 106x battery....

Someone please tell how on earth my new P90DL Manufacture Date Aug 2015 and been a loaner since and i got it with 10k mileage on it a few days ago!!HAS A V2 Is Battery 1071394-00-A ?!!! If they replace someone it they would have said?! How can i find out if i have a brand new battery as part of PDI process?!

I think 100D still not showing full potential.
Before the same motors magically became 760 hp combined, they were 690 hp combined. The v3 p90dl has about 670 battery hp, so there is about 20 hp difference from the original power of the motors. A 20 hp difference would turn a 10.804 into a 10.700. But the p100d does weigh 100lbs more which puts it back at 10.770.

Last edited:
after thinking about it some more, maybe the taller tires on the TRC cars are making a difference, it's a 2.2% difference in diameter in the rear...
According to sorka's testing, the 21" wheels are slower at all distances compared to the 19" wheels. They are not only taller, but they are heavier, too.
Trc still has the advantage of a light driver. I had convinced my wife to take some runs at the local track, but It turns out it's an 1/8 mile. You should put your wife in your p100d when it arrives.

Last edited:
we'll see, I think we'll have two identical P100Ds at the track aside from wheels, mine on OEM 21" staggered and Dans on OEM 19". My lighter aftermarket 21"s didn't make a difference in my tests vs OEM 21"... maybe with the extra power and 2.2% taller it helps on the top end...

According to sorka's testing, the 21" wheels are slower at all distances compared to the 19" wheels. They are not only taller, but they are heavier, too.
Trc still has the advantage of a light driver. I had convinced my wife to take some runs at the local track, but It turns out it's an 1/8 mile. You should put your wife in your p100d when it arrives.

we'll see, I think we'll have two identical P100Ds at the track aside from wheels, mine on OEM 21" staggered and Dans on OEM 19". My lighter aftermarket 21"s didn't make a difference in my tests vs OEM 21"... maybe with the extra power and 2.2% taller it helps on the top end...
There isn't any extra power at the top end. They are essentially the same above 95 mph. The taller tire gives you less acceleration up to that point. But I agree that it will be interesting to see what happens at the track.

Last edited:
Before the same motors magically became 760 hp combined, they were 690 hp combined. The v3 p90dl has about 670 battery hp, so there is about 20 hp difference from the original power of the motors. A 20 hp difference would turn a 10.804 into a 10.700. But the p100d does weigh 100lbs more which puts it back at 10.770.

Highly confusing what you are writing there. Comparing battery output to theoretical motor output, adding some weight and coming up with a number at the end. 670hp at the battery would be 600hp at the motor shaft, at best. So there are still , at least, 90 more hp the P100D could have, before its motors would limit the power drawn form the battery. And since we know that the battery still draws 10% more power and the P90D didn't have 200hp, the added output power should be more than 20hp. Because how show should that work? Maybe losses are perceptually a bit higher, but not that much. If you put in 10% more power you get roughly 10% more power at the other end.

Highly confusing what you are writing there. Comparing battery output to theoretical motor output, adding some weight and coming up with a number at the end. 670hp at the battery would be 600hp at the motor shaft, at best. So there are still , at least, 90 more hp the P100D could have, before its motors would limit the power drawn form the battery. And since we know that the battery still draws 10% more power and the P90D didn't have 200hp, the added output power should be more than 20hp. Because how show should that work? Maybe losses are perceptually a bit higher, but not that much. If you put in 10% more power you get roughly 10% more power at the other end.
Before the batteries could get anywhere close to 690 hp, that was the quoted combined hp for the two motors. I take this as being more representative of their actual power. Now that the battery can produce 760 hp, that has become the new quoted combined hp. But if you look at the power curve, it can only produce this power briefly before they start cutting it back.
It doesn't matter whether I use shaft hp or battery horsepower since it is the ratio of powers that affects the elapsed times. I used the ratio of 670 / 690 to get the effect on elapsed time assuming the same weight. Then I used the ratio of the weights of the cars to get the effect of the heavier p100d.

• Informative
Reactions: sorka
I would like to add some more details to our trip to Auto Club Famoso Raceway, north of Bakersfield. I decided to join Shotgun at the last moment. We both made long trips starting at 5am and met at the Buttonwillow Supercharger. Had breakfast while the cars charged to 100%. Then drove 25 miles to Flying J Truck Plaza which was 8 miles from the track. Plug Share stated Flying J had 8 14-50 chargers. Since I arrived there first I asked the cashiers where they were located and they replied the chargers were installed one month ago but were not operational. Shotgun (Daren) over the phone told me they were located far from the store next to the freeway. I found them but panicked when my 14-50 adaptor would not fit their 14-30 socket and I was down to 88%. Daren saved the day as he had the 14-30 in his bag and he called the company who were able to energize it. It turned out the Kiosk for payment was not operational yet and the service was 30 amps allowing only a very slow charge of 24 amps. So it took 2 hours for Darens P90DL v2 to charge from 90 to 100%.

While Daren was charging we noticed a truck weight scale on site and asked if we could weigh a car. The lady replied sure, just push the button and come inside for the printout. So we weighed my P85DL with air and Pano only (19" wheels). But to get the results cost me $11, 2500 for front and 2400 for back for a total weight of 4,900 pounds. I thought maybe they were rounding it to the nearest 100 pounds but she showed me a weight ticket that included weights in 10 lb increments. Since Daren did not have a helmet I gave him mine to race with while I used his 14-30 adaptor. By this time my charge was down to 85% as we had been sitting in my car with the air on. So it took me an additional 2 and 3/4 hours to charge from 85 to 99%.

The track was open at 10am with racing between 11 and 5pm. Daren had messaged me that he had done a 11.105 and he was happy with his 120.39 speed which is the fastest listed for a P90DL v2. So I hurried to the track to get there by 3pm before Daren went back to San Diego. I forgot to use slip start on my first 2 runs but I managed an 11.267 @ 117.10 on my first run at 95%. This was .043 sec slower than my previous best at this track and 2 mph slower. There were a lot fewer racers this time so I made 7 runs within one hour. I had my best run with the fast pedal and now I am undecided which method is the best. One thing is for sure Launch Mode was the worst and I also has a terrible reaction time.

Overall it was a long day but we enjoyed it. We also agreed it is very hard to run a 10.99 even for a P90DL v2.

You and I have been in some scrapes, but I am very grateful for the efforts of the both of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.