Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I posted on the other thread:

October or November 2015 build here. Just tried 90% SoC with max battery power ready on firmware 2.22.75. 458kW max power, basically no difference from last December.

Still looking like Tesla delivered a car that couldn't meet its specs.

Another clue would be to see how many KW's these cars making about 500kw can take from a Supercharger.

Wouldn't a 100kwh pack be able to take just about the 135kw max a single Supercharger can deliver?

I'm not sure why you think that's a clue but they've done 1.85C before (111 KW for the 60 KWh packs) so a 100 kWh pack would be able to play nice with a 180 KW supercharger, well past 135 KW, 150 KW, or 165 KW.

Unfortunately the cables and connectors don't seem to be able to do that, or they would have gone past 120KW rates for the 90 kWh pack (which is only 1.33C).

Interesting.

So far, we have seen but one Model S indicate more than 456KW on Powertools for Tesla.

We have seen but three instances of 11.1 on the drag strip, and those were produced by just two cars.

We have no solid indication that either of those cars was making any more than 456KW.

One of the 11.1 passes was made way back on December 5th of 2015, and so this car had to have been built prior to then. This challenges the notion that later model, March of 2016 and later P90Ds are more powerful.
2016 Tesla Model S P90DL 1/4 Mile Drag Racing

The other car producing 11.1 in the quarter, was running 2.22.50

While we are closer to seeing that 10.9x than we were in months past, there is still a ways to go yet before we do see it.

I'd also like to see another instance of greater than 456KW on PowerTools in another car.

Last edited:
Picked up my refreshed P90DL last Tuesday... Downloaded this today and got a 477KW at 88% SOC on a 0-60 run plan to charge it to 100 and do some further tests! Also before I turned on Max Battery Power I got 457KW at 89% SOC

It is beginning to sound like all the improvement is in the Max Battery Power setting. Previously this setting appeared to produced the same result as running the car for a while to get the battery up to temp. It now seems to have a much more dramatic effect. If true, the change probably took place around version 2.20.30. Need more testing from non-refreshed P90D owners using the Max Battery Power setting On and SOC above 90%. Also need more testing from refreshed P90D owners with Max Battery Power setting OFF and SOC between 90 and 100%.

It is beginning to sound like all the improvement is in the Max Battery Power setting. Previously this setting appeared to produced the same result as running the car for a while to get the battery up to temp. It now seems to have a much more dramatic effect. If true, the change probably took place around version 2.20.30. Need more testing from non-refreshed P90D owners using the Max Battery Power setting On and SOC above 90%. Also need more testing from refreshed P90D owners with Max Battery Power setting OFF and SOC between 90 and 100%.

Ill just leave this here

SOC 100% 511KW With MAX BATTERY POWER

Its definitely looking like the Max battery is working differently now.

The question now is how practical is it to use it.

In other words, is it any quicker at taking effect than it was previously, and how many consecutive launches can be made with it? How long does it stay up and what if any other effects on the battery does it have?

Hopefully the answers to those questions will come about as well.

Perhaps this is that "special sauce" that guy was ranting about a few months back.

Last edited:
Ill just leave this here

SOC 100% 511KW With MAX BATTERY POWER

Hmmm.....

457 / 511 = 90 / 100 (or pretty bloody close).

Given that battery output is fairly proportional to battery capacity, I think we have the first bit of empirical evidence that the 100 kwh pack is lurking out there among us awaiting a software "upgrade".

Hey, that's my car!
One of the 11.1 passes was made way back on December 5th of 2015, and so this car had to have been built prior to then. This challenges the notion that later model, March of 2016 and later P90Ds are more powerful.
2016 Tesla Model S P90DL 1/4 Mile Drag Racing

Hey everyone. I just wanted to clarify some stuff as this is very exciting news! That the car listed above is mine. My car was purchased in May and the manufacturing date was February 2016. Despite what the timeslip says, that pass was made on May 20th of this year. My SoC was somewhere between 85-90% with Max battery, Ludicrous, Launch mode.

My battery is: 1071394-00-A

Hey, that's my car!

Hey everyone. I just wanted to clarify some stuff as this is very exciting news! That the car listed above is mine. My car was purchased in May and the manufacturing date was February 2016. Despite what the timeslip says, that pass was made on May 20th of this year. My SoC was somewhere between 85-90% with Max battery, Ludicrous, Launch mode....

I was hoping that the person on the Drag Times site would show up in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.