Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newest accident victim (of my own doing, sadly)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like I am the newest member of an unfortunate club. I drove into a lifted Chevy Colorado at walking speed and the bumper height mismatch meant that his bumper contacted the top of the front bumper cover at the hood interface area.

I took the frunk liner out to see if I could get the bumper pushed back out so the hood could close and not be bowed, the front composite cross brace is broken, small sheet metal bracket bent, passenger headlight bucket cracked, passenger fender pushed rearward and of course the hood is taco shaped.

As well, for whatever reason TACC/AP/FSD Visualizations are not working (any ideas on this).

Anybody want to start betting on repair costs/lead time?

I'm opening with $10K and 4-6 months before repairs are completed.

Attachments

• IMG_9313.jpg
    IMG_9313.jpg
    464.8 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_9334.jpg
    IMG_9334.jpg
    515.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_9335.jpg
    IMG_9335.jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_9328.jpg
    IMG_9328.jpg
    561.1 KB · Views: 88
  • Informative
Reactions: KenC
A week ago a good friend backed into my M3. My frunk lid is buckled much like yours, the front bumper is badly dented too and the sensors in the bumper aren't working so no cruise control. I took it in to a Tesla authorized collision center for an estimate. The trunk lid can't be opened normally right now and since I had to drive the car home (74 miles - that's how close the nearest authorized collision center is for me), we decided not to check inside the frunk. Since then, the insurance company's adjuster came to my house to look at it and he noticed that there is a slight warping of the left front quarter panel too. Safe to say the total cost could wind up being closer to $10,000. My friend's insurance will take care of everything. It helps that we are both insured by the same company. However, the collision center said it would be early December at the soonest before I have the car back. So, I think you are in the right ballpark regarding the price but I hope you're wrong about the time it will take. We will both see. Good luck.

Reactions: pacopico
Curious how long this ended up taking to get it repaired, and how much? I hope the process went smoothly for you.
The collision happened Monday - One estimate received so far - $9075.00 + whatever else they find, estimated repair time 3-4 weeks, depending on parts availability which they said was not too bad for Model 3's (authorized Tesla body shop).

I'm still waiting on two more estimates before I roll the dice and select a shop.

Reactions: EV_Twins