Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newest Fun Feature also Dangerous

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had an incident with the trunk closing on me. I leaned over to reach for an item way forward of the trunk. I had the keyfob in my pocket and accidentally pressed it against the bumper. The trunk started to close on me with my wife watching and screamed for me to get out. Luckily, I got out in time, it was a close call.

It would be pretty whacky cool if the key fob was totally configurable, sort of like gestures on a MacBook's trackpad (what two, three, and four finger taps and swipes do, how long/hard presses have to be, etc). Basically a list of all the buttons and types of clicks (single, double, triple, long, etc). Tap a fob-click description and select a function from a pop-up! This will be the marquee feature in v9. :p

Reactions: ssq
We need an updated photo of the Falcon Wing Door and rear hatch. Get that key fob into a shirt pocket!

iu

Car driving around Houston with ‘Matt Schaub’ slammed in trunk (Photo)

For the best protection, let's just encase the fob completely in a protective shell. Of course, the shell's door should auto open when clicked. Sometimes I want to open it before I can reach it, however, so I'd prefer a fob for the fob. A fob-fob single click would close the fob.
1- Username checks out !
2- Is there a nonPUP version of the fob-fob, else I have to disable auto-presenting fob-doors when the fob-fob approaches the fob.
3- There should be sensors on the fob-case so that the case doors don't open too wide and hit my family-jewels and cause damage.

I have more suggestions but those can be taken up in firmware v9.10

• Funny
Reactions: KaiserSoze