Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newest Model S refresh ditched the parking sensors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was watching a YouTube video walk-around of the newest re-fresh of the Model S and there are clearly no more parking sensors.

Does it lose the ability to show inches to the nearest obstacle? Can anyone with the new car let us know how the close range parking situation works now?

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 10.18.34 AM.png

There’s no longer a radar in the Plaid/LR which is disappointing. When in a line of cars at a drive through, it does not show instant distance in inches to the car in front, like my previous Model S & X did, but it lags by 1-2 seconds before settling on a distance.

There’s no longer a radar in the Plaid/LR which is disappointing. When in a line of cars at a drive through, it does not show instant distance in inches to the car in front, like my previous Model S & X did, but it lags by 1-2 seconds before settling on a distance.

There most certainly is still radar in the Plaid/LR. These cars have not switched to a pure vision system yet.

• Funny
Reactions: outdoors
Yes. That’s been the goal for a while now. At the moment, the S is radar+vision in all delivered vehicles to date.
I can verify it’s physically there in mine delivered 7/6, but I’m just curious about how it will change things.

Back to the OP though I can verify that NO, the refresh S did not ditch parking sensors. Mine still has them.