Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newest roadster owner!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After having had #683 (Bubble Bee) stolen in Texas (in transit to Southern California from Florida) it took me awhile but I finally found another roadster...#1339–Orange Crush! If there are any roadster owners in So Cal that would like to get together please let me know!

C23483EB-E7EA-42A7-BF37-1F08B9E03701.jpeg
84D855FE-54A7-4C6F-9729-BDD636794C9A.jpeg
C794FD8C-4DAE-4D37-98ED-8E82A9F2AA78.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations and welcome to the family! I’m so happy you grabbed 1339. Post more photos anytime...as there are never too many. ;)

@Roadster is someone I’d recommend meeting up with in your area. I try to get out there once or twice a year, but next time, I’ll try to drive out & plan a meet with you both.

Reactions: Bunnak
#683 per investigators is likely somewhere in Europe. So I took my roadster out for the FIRST to see Captain Marvel. I parked for enough room for any car/truck to allow doors to open. 3 hours after movie I see scratches on side passenger door--it appears someone sat there to take a photo. That totally ruined my day. I'm not taking roadster out now until I have complete XPEL on car. If this was done already those scratches would definitely not be there. i'm so angry now. car was spank'n new...no scratches. now i have two scratches and i've only had car for less than 48 hours.

Wow! It's identical to mine! It looks awesome.
Congratulations on your Roadster ! Forgot to mention earlier.
Mine is #1258. Similar production time twins . But yours has the carbon fibre covers inside..nice!
The original ppf... so sticky, the guys who did the Xpel did not expect it to be so hard to take off. Charged me another $200 for the extra time. And they told me it’s has to be hand cut, every piece. As there are no templates for Roadsters, not like S/X or 3, much easier to have machine precut the Xpel.
I had to leave the car with them for 2 weeks.

Dash Cams. I have 2 because people are arseholes. I stopped showing my race cars because idiots used to try yank the doors open and sat on lightweight panels. I like that people generally ask if they can take pictures pf my car but thankfully I have a wrap on for now.

I have an older model, I wish I had the cloud version. The rear is the issue unles you get a wireless one. The front I took the cable down the pillar and tight around the dash, still requires some disassembly, the lighter socket has a time delay so I dropped a feed down from the stereo while I was investigating back there. I pull the card occasionally and it’s funny how many people take selfies with the car and then see the light flashing on the cam and rush off.
I’m in Canada so hopefully someone can chime in. Also get the OVMS installed and a tracking device. Not sure if the OVMS would work like that, I never got mine.

Thanks for the info. What is OVMS? I remember someone asking if it was installed in #683 as it could have been used a tracker. For my MS I do have BlackVue installed by Calibred (Southern California based)—they make flights around the country and install dash cams for customers. Anyone have Calibred install anything on a roadster?

I have an older model, I wish I had the cloud version. The rear is the issue unles you get a wireless one. The front I took the cable down the pillar and tight around the dash, still requires some disassembly, the lighter socket has a time delay so I dropped a feed down from the stereo while I was investigating back there. I pull the card occasionally and it’s funny how many people take selfies with the car and then see the light flashing on the cam and rush off.
I’m in Canada so hopefully someone can chime in. Also get the OVMS installed and a tracking device. Not sure if the OVMS would work like that, I never got mine.

Yes, OVMS works like that ...and a little more!

Screenshot_20190317-093136.jpg

Here's it's web site:
Open Vehicles | Open Vehicle Monitoring System

and there's also a thread on this forum:
Open Vehicle Monitoring System (OVMS)

At its simplest, it allows you to have an app to monitor your car's charging like any other Tesla...but it's a lot more fun than only that since it's an open source project!

Highly recommended!

See other post. As you can upgrade on the latest one I ordered the Wifi version, you do NOT need the GPS antenna, something I found out after the event, and there is a cable for the roadster. If you have cell coverage then I would pay the extra but mine lives in 2 underground garages where theres no cell reception so I figured I would only use Wifi at best.
Defiantly get the latest version, its upgradeable.

See other post. As you can upgrade on the latest one I ordered the Wifi version, you do NOT need the GPS antenna, something I found out after the event, and there is a cable for the roadster. If you have cell coverage then I would pay the extra but mine lives in 2 underground garages where theres no cell reception so I figured I would only use Wifi at best.
Defiantly get the latest version, its upgradeable.

Thank you so much. Everyone here has been very helpful since day #1. I'll definitely have more questions. I'll post more pics of #1339 with a better camera.

Reactions: DeedWest