Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NewMotion and Ze-Watt in Toulouse

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am thinking of making a trip to Toulouse and am happy with the arrangements for travelling there and back. What I am less clear about is where I can charge whilst in Toulouse. The place where we would stay does not have any EV charging facilities. Where I go for work (CNES) does have some EV chargers, supplied by Ze-Watt - but they are geared up for local employees, not visitors. I notice that NewMotion lists some chargers run by Ze-Watt but not the ones at CNES - so, I wondered if anyone knows, if I would be able to access non-public Ze-Watt chargers, using a NewMotion card i.e. do the NewMotion agreements cover all the chargers of each network they partner with or just the ones shown on thier map of chargers. (I have asked NewMotion but I thought someone here may already have some experience of this).

The Toulouse supercharger is actually about 20 minutes drive north of Toulouse and about 30 minutes from where we will be staying. I will be spending my days at CNES, in the south of Toulouse. If I use the supercharger, i will have to make a special trip there every so often, just to charge the car. CNES happen to have several chargers on site, supplied by Ze-Watt, so it would be convenient to be able to top up whilst there.
However, there is also a destination charger at a supermarket in nearby Ramonville Saint-Agne. I am not sure how busy it will be but that would be my first choice whilst in Toulouse. The Ze-Watt/New Motion idea is a backup.

Charging via Schuko would be OK if the hotel allows it and if I can park close enough to a power socket. I will ask them when I get there. It isn't possible where I will be working, other than using the Ze-Watt chargers (which would be expensive, as I would be paying a fixed price by the minute, regardless of the rate of charge). I should have enough options that I won't need to make special trips to the Supercharger.

Hello, i live in toulouse. My office is close to cnes. I charge for instance at intermarché RAMONVILLE which has 2 dedicated tesla charge place with built in plugs at 22kw. Otherwise, i would suggest applying for chargemap (app on applestore or internet) : cost 20 euros per year and provides access to 20 like charger at 22kw in toulouse : a nice one in vieille toulouse Town also, always free. I also have KiWhi Pass which works similar. Cheers

The Toulouse supercharger is actually about 20 minutes drive north of Toulouse and about 30 minutes from where we will be staying. I will be spending my days at CNES, in the south of Toulouse. If I use the supercharger, i will have to make a special trip there every so often, just to charge the car. CNES happen to have several chargers on site, supplied by Ze-Watt, so it would be convenient to be able to top up whilst there.
However, there is also a destination charger at a supermarket in nearby Ramonville Saint-Agne. I am not sure how busy it will be but that would be my first choice whilst in Toulouse. The Ze-Watt/New Motion idea is a backup.

Hello, i live in toulouse. My office is close to cnes. I charge for instance at intermarché RAMONVILLE which has 2 dedicated tesla charge place with built in plugs at 22kw. Otherwise, i would suggest applying for chargemap (app on applestore or internet) : cost 20 euros per year and provides access to 20 like charger at 22kw in toulouse : a nice one in vieille toulouse Town also, always free. I also have KiWhi Pass which works similar. Cheers

Thanks for the info. I was contemplating a KiWhi Pass. I saw the Intermarché RAMONVILLE charger on the map - that would be my first choice for charging whilst there. Do you know how busy the charger is in the evenings?