Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newport Beach area hotels with charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recargo (download the smartphone app if you haven't done so) doesn't show anything in and around NB as far as chargers go.

You can try speaking with the Tesla Costa Mesa SC to see if you can charge O/N there. Recargo says 24/7, but call to be sure. you would just need to figure out how to get to/fro.

UCI has a few but they all charge $$ now. They are blink chargers I believe. The free one is not there no more....the last I check, they were making upgrades I believe. In any case, they don't show up on my chargepoint ap. If you don't mind a little drive, here is a little secret tactic I do. Near the John Wayne (SNA) airport is the Wyndham hotel. The hotel is also just a few minutes from Newport Beach. Just renovated so each room is super nice and modern. After a certain time, the parking garage right next to the Wyndham (walking distance for sure and has a few charging stations (chargepoints)) opens up all night and you can literally charge all night there. There is usually a 2 hour max limit but no one is working until morning and there is no set cut off charging limit. Don't worry, there are about 5 other chargers throughout that structure so the chances you are hogging it all up are slim to none. Actually, I don't think I have ever seen anyone else charge but me everytime I'm there and I'm there atleast 4x a month. And it's free to charge there. FYI

Thanks mpbruin...if you mean the Wyndham on Avenue of the Arts that is where we booked for next month so thanks for the confirmation on that choice. It would be nice if some OC hotels stepped up and installed some kind of charging in their parking so that we wouldn't have to look around and park offsite to charge. I've seen multiple Teslas at the SFO Westin where the Chargepoints are right in front. Most of the hotels on the Las Vegas Strip have chargers and will charge you up free. Sad that the Orange Curtain is behind...

Thanks mpbruin...if you mean the Wyndham on Avenue of the Arts that is where we booked for next month so thanks for the confirmation on that choice. It would be nice if some OC hotels stepped up and installed some kind of charging in their parking so that we wouldn't have to look around and park offsite to charge. I've seen multiple Teslas at the SFO Westin where the Chargepoints are right in front. Most of the hotels on the Las Vegas Strip have chargers and will charge you up free. Sad that the Orange Curtain is behind...

wyndham.jpg