News from Western Australia As many would know the WA South West have had in place for the past two years the excellent RAC electric highway, a series of DC charge stations that puts about 85% of the states population within 100kms of a fast charger, this covers thereabouts 10% of the states area, so what of the other 90%? At this time it's just not viable for fast chargers but as there's no shortage of power in WA regional areas its prime territory for 3 phase outlets, most locations already have 3 phase it's just the outlet type may not be a 5 pin or not in working condition, there's also the explanation process in sometimes trying to convince a location that supporting EV charging will be a long term good decision. Under Richard Mcs Round Oz route leadership, the WA part of the team comprising of both TOCA and AEVA members have been chasing up anyone prepared to listen. Techno-phile has been on a winning streak lately and has been working with both Synergy and Horizon Power (regional) on their plans to become more EV friendly. Both are state owned and wouldn't you know it they both sell electricity. Synergy are supplying fifty 32amp 3phase switched sockets outlets (re-branded to Synergy) for distribution throughout the state. Six AEVA WA members have formed a team to distribute these sockets to 6 regions of WA, with three Tesla owners taking responsibility for the outer regions and 3 other-EV owners looking after the more local regions, with the aim of reducing the distance between 3p charging spots on main WA roads to 100kms. Horizon are going to install 3 phase outlets in three Kimberley locations, as a trial (incidentally completing the Round Oz route to the WA border in the Top End). They may be small steps in the uptake of EVs but crucially its action and not just words. Hats off to Techno-phile for his never ending persistence in the pursuit of a better EV charging infrastructure.