Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

news on re-release of autopilot in HK?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2 weeks ago when I took delivery of my MS, my DS told me that their boss is gonna come to Hong Kong (some time in Feb?) and talk to HKTD about autopilot. He said he's already arranged a face to face meeting with him. Well, yeah, I asked "You mean THE boss?", and his answer was "Yes!".

Not going to happen, trust me.....at least not until everyone at Africa can drive an autopilot car

Then this should be very eye catching in the media, Elon is coming
2 weeks ago when I took delivery of my MS, my DS told me that their boss is gonna come to Hong Kong (some time in Feb?) and talk to HKTD about autopilot. He said he's already arranged a face to face meeting with him. Well, yeah, I asked "You mean THE boss?", and his answer was "Yes!".

Apology, a bit off topic here. I took delivery less than 2 months ago so I have no experience with a version update. How long does it take to complete the upgrade? The service guy I spoke to didn't seem to have a good idea (he said a few hours but all depends on 3G traffic). Where I park there is no wifi and the 3G reception is only so so (2 to 3 out of 5). I wonder if I need to take the car to somewhere with good reception and then activate the upgrade.

Thanks.

Apology, a bit off topic here. I took delivery less than 2 months ago so I have no experience with a version update. How long does it take to complete the upgrade? The service guy I spoke to didn't seem to have a good idea (he said a few hours but all depends on 3G traffic). Where I park there is no wifi and the 3G reception is only so so (2 to 3 out of 5). I wonder if I need to take the car to somewhere with good reception and then activate the upgrade.

Thanks.

As you drive the car around, normally, the car will download the update over 3G (even if no wifi). When the download is complete, then it will tell you to schedule a time to apply the update. Perhaps you drive to and park at a shopping centre, etc...

The time to download really depends on so many things - signal strength, bandwidth, size of update, etc.

Don't worry about it. The car will tell you when it is ready.

As you drive the car around, normally, the car will download the update over 3G (even if no wifi). When the download is complete, then it will tell you to schedule a time to apply the update. Perhaps you drive to and park at a shopping centre, etc...

The time to download really depends on so many things - signal strength, bandwidth, size of update, etc.

Don't worry about it. The car will tell you when it is ready.

Hope it's not too long a wait for the upgrade to arrive HK. Thanks Mark!

1st I don't think Elon is coming...he is too busy to care this small issue
2nd Even if he is coming, Even if what he present to the TD make prefect sense to everyone, TD will still not approve the function as long as 0.0001% chance of being abused by some idiot...just look at E-banking and technologies like those, How many years do you think HK is behind everyone else? If you want to function earlier, go to Africa :)

Maybe because of his OCD to perfection (AP only got banned in HK around the globe?) :cool:

More than one guys in HKDiscuss said their latest MS delivery has V7.0 (Mine was delivered on XMas Eve, V6.2 only :( ), and some DS told them update will come in late Jan. We can only hope for the best...

1st I don't think Elon is coming...he is too busy to care this small issue
2nd Even if he is coming, Even if what he present to the TD make prefect sense to everyone, TD will still not approve the function as long as 0.0001% chance of being abused by some idiot...just look at E-banking and technologies like those, How many years do you think HK is behind everyone else? If you want to function earlier, go to Africa :)

Maybe there are local testers, otherwise I don't think anyone has 7.0. I got my car back only few days ago and it was 6.2. When Tesla started diagnosing my car 2 weeks ago they actually upgraded my software, I know because the app notified me software has been upgraded, but then they probably downgraded back to 6.2 before handing me back my car, why bother really?

Maybe there are local testers, otherwise I don't think anyone has 7.0. I got my car back only few days ago and it was 6.2. When Tesla started diagnosing my car 2 weeks ago they actually upgraded my software, I know because the app notified me software has been upgraded, but then they probably downgraded back to 6.2 before handing me back my car, why bother really?

I have a pre-autopilot car and I do have 7.0. There was a small window of time between when Tesla rolling out 7.0 and TD stopping the rollout. Tesla was made to downgrade autopilot cars but for pre-autopilot cars, there was no need or reason to do so.

I have a pre-autopilot car and I do have 7.0. There was a small window of time between when Tesla rolling out 7.0 and TD stopping the rollout. Tesla was made to downgrade autopilot cars but for pre-autopilot cars, there was no need or reason to do so.

If that's the case, then there's really no reason for them to downgrade my software. I've opted for almost all options, except cold weather package and, autopilot. My car doesn't have autopilot. I honestly don't care about autopilot, I just want the bug fixes and hill assist from 7.0.

If that's the case, then there's really no reason for them to downgrade my software. I've opted for almost all options, except cold weather package and, autopilot. My car doesn't have autopilot. I honestly don't care about autopilot, I just want the bug fixes and hill assist from 7.0.

When I say my car is pre-autopilot, I mean my car doesn't even have the hardware sensors. My car was delivered in Sept 2014.

When I say my car is pre-autopilot, I mean my car doesn't even have the hardware sensors. My car was delivered in Sept 2014.
You're right, but I honestly don't see the different, there are 7.0 non auto pilot cars all over the world, it's not like the API is mature enough for us to hack the car and install auto pilot ourselves, the UI in the instrument panel are different too.