Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

News week of Jan 6?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Technically, Tesla is allowed to internally discuss/train employees (who I presume have all signed an NDA with regards to confidential information). What's not allowed is employees telling the public about material information prior to a public announcement. The grey area is that they ARE allowed to talk about non-material non-public information, so it's up to interpretation what is "material". See "mosaic theory" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosaic_theory_(investments)

All said, as excited (and impatient) as we all are, if there is something, please let's not get anyone in trouble!

True, but if you've worked for a publicly held company about to announce material information, you know that it isn't disseminated via an all-hands meeting. It's by specific group, specific people.

But hey, let the fun carry on! I hope it's something HUGE and that I'm wrong and that isn't just the regular quarterly all-hands meeting that has been on the calendar for quite some time. No more raining on the parade from this source.

There is one other thing to remember. Next week (Monday January 13th 2014), there is an press conference at the Detroit Motor Show.

Wouldn't it be a bit too soon to let the cat out of the bag this week, when there is a press conference at the Detroit Motor Show in a few more days?

It's to announce Elon is resigning to focus on SpaceX.

No, no, don't throw anything at me. Breathe. I'm kidding.

I have no idea and, like bonnie, I expect it's just a general all hands meeting. They may announce something and do a press release at the same time and are just using the occasion as a good time to do the announcement.

It's to announce Elon is resigning to focus on SpaceX.

No, no, don't throw anything at me. Breathe. I'm kidding.

I have no idea and, like bonnie, I expect it's just a general all hands meeting. They may announce something and do a press release at the same time and are just using the occasion as a good time to do the announcement.

I was just ready to push the 'sell everything button'....:biggrin:

Even if the news is not much of huge importance, I still am looking forward to read/hear about it.

A few more hours to go? Do we know anything about the timing of this "all-hands" meeting?

Wellll ... I am of the understanding that the timing of this "all-hands" meeting is just the normal quarterly all-hands (no quote marks) meeting.

That said, we may not get to read/hear about it. When I worked for Intel, the content of our quarterly meetings were not things that the public got to read and hear about. Not unless someone went rogue on us.

Seems like there is a lot of rumbling of a big announcement next week... talk of employee all-hands for the 8th for a product update. Feeling that its bigger than supercharger completion, incremental product updates... So what do you think?

AWD Model S? 110kwh battery option? Model X beta?

If they have any sense, this is the big legal compliance meeting where they explain to everyone that they're going to start complying with copyright law. I can hope... :rolleyes:

Tesla folk must be splitting their sides over this thread..... :rolleyes:

I'm willing to bet against anyone who thinks there's an announcement of anything substantial coming this week; AWD, Model X, new batteries, whatever...bring it on, I can pay for my Model X with all the money I'll win!

Tesla folk must be splitting their sides over this thread..... :rolleyes:

I'm willing to bet against anyone who thinks there's an announcement of anything substantial coming this week; AWD, Model X, new batteries, whatever...bring it on, I can pay for my Model X with all the money I'll win!

It is good to give TM people something to smile/laugh about from time to time. No money bet, but how about one beer, a Corona. :wink:

Deal. I hope everyone doesn't bet beer or I'll be inebriated for months.....
If everyone buys you a beer then I will buy the last one (or at least tell you I did because you won't remember by that time anyway!!:biggrin:)

- - - Updated - - -

They're all sitting over at City Beach, taking turns reading these posts and howling.

... oh hi guys!
I don't know that area well.....But if you live close by can you sneak down and listen....I am sure they announced something about the E going into production