Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

News week of Jan 6?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If everyone buys you a beer then I will buy the last one (or at least tell you I did because you won't remember by that time anyway!!:biggrin:)

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know that area well.....But if you live close by can you sneak down and listen....I am sure they announced something about the E going into production

Hahaha. I TOLD someone from Tesla that if I mentioned City Beach, someone from the forum would want someone to go over there and listen in. NO. I live a couple of hours away and I don't want to listen to info about their new health care plan options.

Hahaha. I TOLD someone from Tesla that if I mentioned City Beach, someone from the forum would want someone to go over there and listen in. NO. I live a couple of hours away and I don't want to listen to info about their new health care plan options.

You are one of the 'mods'. Thought that was part of the job description.

Since I am trying to make decisions about what health care plans to offer at my work place that TM info would also be of value

I had three different sources -- at three different TELSA locations offer up and then confirm a company wide education session on January 8th -- they assume it will accompany "big news." I don't feel that calling those locations out by name or person would do any good. I can't be the ONLY one who has been told by a local Tesla person that they have big news/training next week thats why I started the thread. Its similar the rumble in the summer before the price list increase and options changes in the USA.

I guess that we will just have to wait till the press conference of next week (Monday January 13th 2014) in Detroit.

Isnt it Tuesday when Tesla does their press conference? (Panasonic is Monday I believe)

yup, Panasonic late monday, Tesla tuesday 11:40am. Btw, thank you bonnie for managing my expectations, my hopes were getting too high yesterday ;)

As an investor, I would have liked to been wrong. But it made zero sense that Tesla would do it this way (besides, I knew this was how they did their quarterly all-hands and this was a quarterly all-hands).

I understand why everyone got so quickly wound up. We need some news, dammit! Elon spoiled us for a while, releasing a new tidbit on a regular cadence. Now? Now they're just ... executing. I mean really. Executing to plan? That's boring, people!

Next big announcement: Gigafactory. And while I have no idea how the market will react (because there are a lot of stupid people out there), I can barely contain my excitement. This is game changing, future changing, GenIII and beyond. I will buy as much more stock as I can if it goes down on the announcement. And then some more.

I think we will have to be more patient for any news about the gigafactory.
I am hoping to hear some news about the progress on the Model X.

I'm not sure that we'll have to wait much longer. I think that they were trying to pull the deal together right up to the Q3 earnings call and just didn't quite get there in time (hence the lackluster performance). That would be an exciting announcement to make with all the other news, and more in line with how Elon has done things in the past. "Here's some news. And here's some more news. Oh, yeah ... did I mention? Here's some more news."