TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Next Gen Heated Seats

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by RUPNOK, Oct 16, 2016 at 9:21 PM.

RUPNOK Member

Jun 28, 2016
    We have a new 90D and 2 other cars with heated seats and they get quite warm even on the low setting. We noticed that even on 3 the next gen seats in our 90D just get luke warm and maybe because we are sitting in them. The 1 & 2 settings seem useless. We had a loaner with the original seats and they got HOT quickly. Wondering if it
    could be a malfunction. SC said that they couldn't tell because it was hot out the day I had my car in. Any advice?
  2. headcase

headcase Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Raleigh, NC
    I have had heated seats in all my Audis and Porsches for the last decade, and the hearted seats of my new 90D seem to provide plenty of heat in comparison. Only wish I had the ventilated option available on the P (doh!).

Probably worth checking out some of the units at your local SC and see if the issue is unique to your car.