Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next Gen Model S wish list

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Olle

Jul 17, 2013
Orlando, FL
If, as some have speculated, there will be a new Model S coming, what features would you wish for?

Here are mine:
  • Horizontal screen, like Model 3, but much bigger. I want it really high up so I don't have to look down.
  • Optional Long wheelbase version with space for reclining rear seats.
  • Quieter cabin
  • Better voice control
  • Optional massage chairs
  • Active suspension, similar to Mercedes 'Magic body control' but better
  • Smartphone dock up on the dash where you can see it. (this is not only directed toward Tesla, but I find it ludicrous that car manufacturers put phone docks down low while most drivers buy aftermarket window and dash holders, or worse, hold the phone in their hand while driving)
  • Tow hitch
  • Perhaps central driving position like the Semi? Can't make up my mind on this.
  • 360 Dash cam that immediately uploads to the cloud if there is an accident, even while parked

Last edited:
Central driving position is a definite "no go".

This would make the Model S into a 'weirdmobile' and go against the whole design philosophy of the S. (showing that electric cars can be just like normal cars, but more beautiful, more powerful, more refined and more practical/luxurious)
It's also a gigantic waste of space in a passenger car.

great responses. I would say these things
basics 1st>
coathooks
lighted vanity mirrors
door pockets
better console area
More luxury inside for 100k- like massage seats suggestion in front and rear seats.But i can see with these more issues would likely arise because of internal parts so that may be hard to get in there. Seats should be uber comfy yet firm and supportive with amazing quality detail so in 10 years they look new.
Pre tinted windows option would be great 30-35% option all around as 20% may be illegal in some places.
Factory wraps options.
More colors in general.

Honestly, I hope they won't change the Model S too much.
For example, I hope they keep the central instrument cluster. I fear they are going to get rid of it just like on Model 3.

My only request is to hide the central headrest for better visibility, similar to how they did it on Model 3.

I put in this in the other thread pretty similar to this one. So im gonna put it here too..And add some extra thing's too..

- Dynamic Rear Turn Signals & Front Dynamic Turn Signals
-Soft Closing Doors
-Rear Sunshades
- Bang & Olufsen, Meridian Tri-field Surround,Burmester High-End 3-D Surround-Sound-system,Harman Kardon (Any one of these)
-Rear Camera Cleaning Mechanism
-Cabin Fragrance
-Active Seat Bolsters
-Massaging Seats
-Reclining Rear Seats (Would be cool to have)
-Power Sunshade for Pano and Glass Roof's
-Auto Opening front Doors
-Blind Spot Monitoring located in mirror like every other car with Blind Spot Monitoring!
-Rear Seat Controls
-Mirror Vanity Lights
-Nappa Leather
-Key Fob Wrapped in Leather ;)
-For P Cars to stand out from the rest of the Non-Performance Car's.

Reactions: RAW84 and Olle
I put in this in the other thread pretty similar to this one. So im gonna put it here too..And add some extra thing's too..

- Dynamic Rear Turn Signals & Front Dynamic Turn Signals
-Soft Closing Doors
-Rear Sunshades
- Bang & Olufsen, Meridian Tri-field Surround,Burmester High-End 3-D Surround-Sound-system,Harman Kardon (Any one of these)
-Rear Camera Cleaning Mechanism
-Cabin Fragrance
-Active Seat Bolsters
-Massaging Seats
-Reclining Rear Seats (Would be cool to have)
-Power Sunshade for Pano and Glass Roof's
-Auto Opening front Doors
-Blind Spot Monitoring located in mirror like every other car with Blind Spot Monitoring!
-Rear Seat Controls
-Mirror Vanity Lights
-Nappa Leather
-Key Fob Wrapped in Leather ;)
-For P Cars to stand out from the rest of the Non-Performance Car's.
Agree on all except the branded sound. Only would I clutter my interior with an audio brand if they pay me for the advertising

car is big. would like less width.
some of the Model 3 features like the cup holders, coat hangers, and pockets.
option for automatic door handles. i love the feature, but prefer less maintenance costs.
less bulky doors
blind spot monitoring
scroll option for fan.

Google earth images of your location. zoom in location with pictures. had a hard finding the exact location of superchargers in remote places, especially if they are in parking garages or malls.
less carpet in the back and trunk. my dogs shed and i can't get rid of the hair.
less plastic in the dash and on the doors
battery needs more range. Model 3 long range gets 310 miles and recharges much faster.
cool graphic when charging is complete.
key fob that doesn't require battery.
more audio commands and better voice.
different looking back of the car.

Honestly, I hope they won't change the Model S too much.
For example, I hope they keep the central instrument cluster. I fear they are going to get rid of it just like on Model 3.
Yup, I worry about that too. I wouldn't want the Model 3's UI, I *like* having a second screen (and my speedo) behind the steering wheel.

I also worry they'll screw up the exterior styling somehow in any refresh. It's pretty much perfect already, very 'Aston Martin dragged into the future'.

Reactions: Xenius