TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Next gen REAR seats and 3rd row?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by tcampos, May 23, 2015.

1. tcampos

tcampos Member

I am a very early P85D owner - one that did not originally get my next gen rear seats. My car is configured with 3rd row seats. I JUST had my next gen seats (including the rear seats) installed last week and once I got them home realized that the 3rd row is no longer functional. I can't latch the seats open as the latch is not there on the new next gen rear seats.

Does anyone else have this configuration? Did service just flub the install and forget something? Are next gen rear seats not compatible with the third row? (And if so why did Tesla sell me this configuration?)

image.jpg

2. mmccord

mmccord Member

I have next gen rears and third row seats and they work fine. I'm betting Tesla sent the wrong seats for you...

Here's a picture of mine.

2239538e6e0569c1b3f4f555abdfe63f.jpg

3. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Well-Known Member

Tesla may have sent the wrong seats, but a tech (or more than one tech) at the service center installed them. That seems like a pretty big mistake to make.

4. tcampos

tcampos Member

Thanks. at least now I know they exist. Frustrating they didn't get this right.

5. pdx

pdx Member

Same thing happened to me. The latch connectors are built in to every set of rear seats, they just need to expose them and install a plate. They had forgotten to install mine since my original P85D "loaner" rear seats didn't have the latch connectors.

6. tcampos

tcampos Member

Well, Tesla did a good job correcting for this mistake. I sent them an email over the weekend and got a response first thing Tuesday morning (after the holiday). They sent a tech out to my job and updated the seats for me. Now everything is working great! Really impressed with how Tesla got all over this!