Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next gen seat comfort for larger people?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that a few months have passed after initial deliveries of Next-Gen Seats, what are the experience in terms of comfort/fit for larger people driving? Sharing height/weight would be super helpful (I'm 6'1, 245lbs) and your experience (bottom bolsters and side bolsters vs legs / sides).

Unfortunately we don't have these seats available for trying out yet and it would be interesting to hear from some daily drivers rather than just a short test drive anyways.

TIA!

I'm 6'3 and and about 240 pounds. I like the new standard seats very much. They are comfortable even for us who are somewhat taller/wider. I haven't seen a next-gen seat yet but I will this weekend.

I'll report back with my findings.

Now that a few months have passed after initial deliveries of Next-Gen Seats, what are the experience in terms of comfort/fit for larger people driving? Sharing height/weight would be super helpful (I'm 6'1, 245lbs) and your experience (bottom bolsters and side bolsters vs legs / sides).

Unfortunately we don't have these seats available for trying out yet and it would be interesting to hear from some daily drivers rather than just a short test drive anyways.

TIA!
I'm 6'4", 250lbs and find them very very comfortable. I fit in perfectly, huge improvement over the old seats.
My wife and daughters are also quite impressed and think they are better than the seats in the old car.

- - - Updated - - -

I have heard from a few larger individuals that the next gen seats aren't roomy enough due to the increase in side bolstering. I can't confirm if this is the case for most people or only a few.
Yeah, I think this needs a bit of qualification of what "large" means. I'm tall and heavy, but you wouldn't call me obese if you met me (at least not to my face :) ). So "overweight" should work. "obese" might not.
But at 6'1" & 245lbs my guess would be that the OP should be OK, unless his shape is dramatically different from mine...

I'm 6'6" 220 pounds. Me and my wife tried the new front seats and standard ones and decided we liked the standard seats. Had a 90 ZR-1 Corvette and I hated the heavily bolstered seats. ZR-1 seats felt great when I first got in but got painful after about 1.5 hours. The pain was caused my my right thigh riding on the bolster. This might not be the case with the Tesla new seats but I didn't want to take the chance and I liked the standard ones so stuck with them.

Thanks for all the feedback! It sounds like they should work out fine - hope they are good for long-distance as well, that is really something you only find out "later...".

Any further feedback highly welcome, it is useful for others in similar situations as future reference if nothing else!

I have not had opportunity to sit in New Gen seats but I had major problems in form fitting seats of Lexus 250 series. I could not buy car, though wanted to at the time, because the seats were too form fitting and tight in buttocks area. I am 6'3" and 235 lbs. I will check out new seats when I go to the service centre of which the nearest is 2 hrs away from my location.

It's been a while since this thread was started. Anyone who has had the next gen seats care to give an update on comfort. I am 6' 240 (wide hips) and a little nervous about the next gen seats. Most of the CPO cars that I want have them.

How is it getting in and out of them?

Looking for opinions from people that have had them for a while.