Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next gen seat comfort for larger people?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's been a while since this thread was started. Anyone who has had the next gen seats care to give an update on comfort. I am 6' 240 (wide hips) and a little nervous about the next gen seats. Most of the CPO cars that I want have them.

How is it getting in and out of them?

Looking for opinions from people that have had them for a while.

I'm about your size and have had the next gen seats for about 8 months. These seats are fantastic, much better than the seats we had in our previous car (P85). They're snug, but in a good way (especially if you like to push the car through winding roads). No problems on short or longer trips. I've gone from SF to LA and back a few times and the seats never lose their comfort. I wouldn't own this car without these seats (we had the old gen seats in the car for the first few months and they were unacceptable).

I'm about your size and have had the next gen seats for about 8 months. These seats are fantastic, much better than the seats we had in our previous car (P85). They're snug, but in a good way (especially if you like to push the car through winding roads). No problems on short or longer trips. I've gone from SF to LA and back a few times and the seats never lose their comfort. I wouldn't own this car without these seats (we had the old gen seats in the car for the first few months and they were unacceptable).

Thanks. Do you feel that you sit lower in the seat with the next gen?

If there's any difference in how the seat feels, it's higher, not lower. But the difference is pretty minimal. I always thought the old gen seats were really thinly padded and I felt like I was sitting in a hole. The next gen seats have great support all the way around, so even if I'm not sitting higher I feel like I am.

If there's any difference in how the seat feels, it's higher, not lower. But the difference is pretty minimal. I always thought the old gen seats were really thinly padded and I felt like I was sitting in a hole. The next gen seats have great support all the way around, so even if I'm not sitting higher I feel like I am.

Awesome, thanks. I was mainly concern with having to climb up and over the side bolsters.

It's been a while since this thread was started. Anyone who has had the next gen seats care to give an update on comfort. I am 6' 240 (wide hips) and a little nervous about the next gen seats. Most of the CPO cars that I want have them.

How is it getting in and out of them?

Looking for opinions from people that have had them for a while.
I'm 6'4" & 250lbs and find them extremely comfortable. Much better than the seats in my previous Model S. I've driven about 12k miles in next gen seats and 25k miles in the older seats.

I'm 6'4 225. While I wish the seats were lower (I'm used to sitting lower to the ground) they are very comfortable. As for them being too high, I got used to it in a few days.

I'm almost exactly the same dimensions as you. Do you feel like you have overly long legs given your height like I do? When I'm sitting, my torso height is about the same as someone a few inches shorter. (Although this may have to do with the fact that I slouch a lot)

I'm almost exactly the same dimensions as you. Do you feel like you have overly long legs given your height like I do? When I'm sitting, my torso height is about the same as someone a few inches shorter. (Although this may have to do with the fact that I slouch a lot)

Yes, I'm a T-Rex :D. My arms are short and my legs are long. The good news is the Model S telescoping wheel comes out A LOT and it's the first car I've had where I can actually comfortably reach the steering wheel with the seat all the way back. :D

How are you 6' 4"=> doing on legroom? I sat in a older M60 with standard seats and felt cramped with me knees bent. The seat was reportedly all the way back.

My knees are pretty bent. In a perfect world, I'd like to be able to go back 1 more inch. It's not cramped, but my right knee rests on the leather portion to the left of the 17" screen, and my other knee barely rests on the door. When I'm actually DRIVING the leg distance is fine, but keep in mind that with autopilot, you have to figure out somewhere else to put your feet. So when I have to have my feet a few inches closer to me to keep them off the pedals, that's when the knee bending starts to get a bit more extreme and my right knee starts getting pretty close to the touch screen. Keep in mind however that my legs are about the same length as a "normal" person who's 6'6" so you may have more room than me.

On a related note (and I realize this is a SUPER first-world problem) it would be awesome if when autopilot activated the pedals moved back 1 inch to make room for your feet. :tongue: They wouldn't be far enough away that you couldn't use them, but just enough that you could comfortably keep your legs more extended without worrying about interfering with autopilot.

Last edited: