Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next Gen Seat Heaters - Worthless

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My co-worker wondered if I would stop haunting this site once I finally got my Tesla.

Threads like this are why I'm still here.

This s#!t is hilarious. You guys crack me up.
Thanks for all the laughs, whether intended or not.
:biggrin:

no worries, If we can't take a joke we need to move elsewhere, especially in the run up to the presidential caucuses!

download.jpg

I've found the seat heat to be ok, granted I've had them mostly on "3" (mostly).
Plus my big a$$ covers the entire seat, so insulating it and preventing any excess from escaping into the cabin. :biggrin:

That said, I was a little surprised that there were only 3 settings, my last few cars have had much greater adjustability in the heat settings: 0-6...

LMAO! [emoji23]

I've got a loaner with the next-gen seats, and compared to my plain jane textile seats, the next-gen seat heaters don't even feel like they're on!

Hasn't been very cold (yet) but the amount of heat seems to be OK there more stuff to heat up with leather vs cloth. I know the pattern will probably get annoying once I'm getting into a car that's at 0F.

My experience over the first 3 days of ownership is that the seat heating in the NGs is adequate for me. They do not cover as much area, nor do they get as hot as the other two cars in our household (VW and BMW). Both of the Germans have 5 settings. The first three seem to coincide with 1-3 on the Tesla, and then 4 and 5 are hotter. My bigger issue with NGs is that no matter how much I adjust them, I can't get comfortable.