TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Next Gen Seats - DIY Retrofit

Discussion in 'Model S' started by drewfaulk, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Oreo

Oreo Member

Next gen seats:

Attached Files:

2. Mjsais

Mjsais Member

Tesla confirmed to me that they do not have seat retrofit options available anymore. Is there anyway to acquire Gen2 Tan Front seats and install them?

3. drewfaulk

drewfaulk Member

I would think there are more out there now than there were when I originally did mine. However, the later iterations of the next-gen seats apparently has different plugs from the earlier versions. I haven't followed the thread in awhile, but I believe some people were successful reusing the harnesses from the old seats. You're kind of in the same place as I was when I did the original retrofit: I didn't have anything to go by other than my belief that it could be done. Read around and PM those who have posted here that had to deal with the newer harnesses. Of course, you could also figure out when the harnesses changed, and only look for seats manufactured before that date. Good luck!

4. Mjsais

Mjsais Member

Thank you, l’ll do that.

5. MDurante

MDurante Member

So @AlfredoA did you find out what to do with wire number 13? Did everything work out ok? Do you have any pictures of what you did with the connectors that werent swapable?