TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Next Gen Seats gone

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by Mikischu, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Mikischu

Mikischu Member

2. pinguhk

pinguhk Member

this make sense because of the new option new upgrade 4 seats.

Tesla Model S updated with new luxury interior option

2015-01-15 03.31.15.jpeg

3. telegogo

telegogo Member

But we pay for ng seat front and back.

4. pinguhk

pinguhk Member

maybe they stopped on the new orders!!! best to ask your sale guy or girl to see if you will have the new seats

5. Matador

Matador Member

They are now calling customers and offer us choices of retaining NG seats, changing to performance seats or upgrade to executive seats.

6. lx3h

lx3h Charged.hk TSLA Grp Rep

Maybe "newer" seats are coming.

7. Dvc

Dvc Member

So wondering anyone ordered NG seat have received call to confirm so far?

And what's your final decision ? 1. keep NG front and back seat 2. Keep only front NG seat 3. Change to old performance seat and save some $$ 4. Upgrade to executive seat

I have not yet received call from DS and I am not able to make up my mind for the seat.

8. Danal

Danal electricmotorglider.com

Yes, lots of us have received the call. Decisions vary with the individual. My decision was to go with NG in front and regular in back. This was based solely on the visibility issue of the tall headrest on the center seat in back.

And... all of this is explored in great detail in the other thread. Including photos of both seat options, how they fold, and more. Link in first post of this thread.

9. Phil K

Phil K Member

I'm a bit confused about it. If you opt for regular back seat, do you get the old seat or the new(but non-NG) seat with taller headrest?

Phil

10. Danal

Danal electricmotorglider.com

#10 Danal, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
    Per the call that I received, those of us who placed a deposit and signed an order agreement and confirmed a configuration during the time that the Design Studio showed Next Gen front and back... we get our choice of what the studio showed us at order time (Next Gen front and back)

-or-

We can choose to get "Premium Napa Leather" seats in the back if we opt out of "Next Gen" in the back. This would be the exact configuration currently shown in the design studio if you select P85D and Next Gen seats. You can see the headrests there.

Going forward, new orders have only the choices currently shown in the design studio. This includes the "Executive" seating option in the rear. These do have much larger headrests, perhaps that's what you are thinking? If so, be aware that the "Executive" seats are totally different. Wider, because there is no center seat. The console in the middle of the Executive seats does not fold. And much more.

But... those who already placed an order... Executive seats do not apply (unless you change your order and pay more, or similar).

Does this help?