Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next Gen Seats gone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone.

Who has the next gen seats ordered for their car? I saw the thread in the main forum about the seats for the rear being removed from their design.

I checked my online order and saw that the photo of the seats now show the old style bench rear seats.

Anyone else in HK notice this?

Thread is here

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...-for-new-orders-please-post-feedback-on-yours
this make sense because of the new option new upgrade 4 seats.

Tesla Model S updated with new luxury interior option

2015-01-15 03.31.15.jpeg

So wondering anyone ordered NG seat have received call to confirm so far?

And what's your final decision ? 1. keep NG front and back seat 2. Keep only front NG seat 3. Change to old performance seat and save some $$ 4. Upgrade to executive seat

I have not yet received call from DS and I am not able to make up my mind for the seat.

Yes, lots of us have received the call. Decisions vary with the individual. My decision was to go with NG in front and regular in back. This was based solely on the visibility issue of the tall headrest on the center seat in back.

And... all of this is explored in great detail in the other thread. Including photos of both seat options, how they fold, and more. Link in first post of this thread.

Per the call that I received, those of us who placed a deposit and signed an order agreement and confirmed a configuration during the time that the Design Studio showed Next Gen front and back... we get our choice of what the studio showed us at order time (Next Gen front and back)

-or-

We can choose to get "Premium Napa Leather" seats in the back if we opt out of "Next Gen" in the back. This would be the exact configuration currently shown in the design studio if you select P85D and Next Gen seats. You can see the headrests there.

Going forward, new orders have only the choices currently shown in the design studio. This includes the "Executive" seating option in the rear. These do have much larger headrests, perhaps that's what you are thinking? If so, be aware that the "Executive" seats are totally different. Wider, because there is no center seat. The console in the middle of the Executive seats does not fold. And much more.

But... those who already placed an order... Executive seats do not apply (unless you change your order and pay more, or similar).

Does this help?

Last edited: