Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next Gen seats rubbing on center console/arm rest

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else with the next gen front seats having an issue with the bolster rubbing against the centre armrest/console area?

It's not really a big deal but the constant 'squeaky' noise of leather rubbing on leather is slightly annoying... not to mention that that area will likely, eventually get damaged.

I'm going to look into some leather treatment products and see if it makes any difference.

I have that issue with the old seat as well. I put a piece of tape on the side to prevent the noise. But it's not a good solution.

Same here. Told the SC numerous times and at one point it was mentioned that there was a seat change, but nothing has ever come of it. That squeaking in a relatively quiet car is very annoying.

I'm willing to bet you'll have your next gen seats before I do. <sigh>

And me. I sent a note to service last week to ask about timing, and received a note back that basically said "we don't know". It's annoying to not have the seats that I paid for a month after receiving the car, but it was my choice to take delivery without the seats so that's on me. However, Tesla still not having a schedule/plan in a place to conduct the swaps by February is quite annoying.

Glad to hear they're going to replace your seat!
I've still got the squeak unless I keep a felt cloth in between the seat and the console.

There was an episode of Top Gear where they reviewed the Jag F Type, exact same problem... I think its for this reason that the Audi S series has cloth/felt long that portion of their seats.