TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Next gen seats

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by PatFor, Aug 12, 2016.

1. PatFor

PatFor Member

So what is the deal with next gen seats in grey? First my car is delayed until January due to the seats. Now my car should be here in late September. I so hope so!

2. pjoseph

pjoseph Member

The online Configurator now show Mid-2017 delivery for just grey seats. All other colors are available for Sept.

IMHO, Grey is the most appealing color of all the S / X choices. Easy on the eyes and gives out a bright, natural vibe.

3. Cnasty

Cnasty Member

Was my least favorite as it looked like cheap vinyl in some colors but I do get the draw as it is quite popular.

4. TSLA Pilot

TSLA Pilot Member

Sadly, grey is only available in the environmentally-terrible leather only, although at the last shareholders meeting, Elon said they were "looking into" making the X's environmentally-friendly "Ultra White" in other colors and for the S as well.

Can't come soon enough! Here's why:

http://gizmodo.com/how-leather-is-slowly-killing-the-people-and-places-tha-1572678618

Tanneries in Bangladesh Are Spewing Toxic Waste and Making Workers Sick | VICE News

And, of course, the most obvious reason--it's immoral and hugely wrong to choose cruelty and evil when other options exist: